28 Yukon, yes please!

Ok so I just got some fresh AR plate cut and I just can't let this gun sit in the safe until elk season. Hopefully I will find some time this weekend to get out and shoot a little. But dang this picture is purdy!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 170
Be a good time playing with them just to find out where they like to run velocity wise out of a 9 twist 26". The JLK's with a proven .680 B.C. in the upper 3100's low 3200's actually are a bit flatter at 1000yds and not far behind for energy. Based on a 3050 velocity for the 195's.

Just got back from a 3 day elk hunt in an area I've never hunted before. Shot this bull an hour and a half into the hunt. Not a bad bull for an over the counter tag. Shot was 832 yards and the bull went straight down. He was quartering towards me and the 180 JLK actually exited. That surprised me!!! This bull was the second critter I've shot this year with the Yukon, the first was an antelope at 938 yards.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    87.9 KB · Views: 160
Awesome Elk! The Yukon performed well I'd say!

I just bought my first Wyoming Elk Preference Point the other night! 8 or 9 more points and I'll be ready to apply!

Congrats again!

If you like looking at itty bitty critters, here you go. Edited to take my boys faces out of picture. Mirage was terrible, my spotter put me on the wrong goat. Can't blame him, it was bad enough I'd have prolly done the same thing. There was a goat in the herd about 9" bigger than this one

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    189 KB · Views: 145
Thanks for posting your antelope, I'm sure it's something your children will not forget anytime soon. I have never been too wrapped up on the size of an animal to call it a trophy, not that I think you are by any means. The hunt, the shot, and the friends evolved make the memories great. Your success with your new cartridge is great to see, especially since I won't be hunting more than a few days this year. Family obligations and my senior year of college are taking up all of my time. Hopefully I will be able to make up for the past 2 seasons next year.

Slightly less. Has shoulder moved back to allow for a longer neck. 98.2 grains h2o in 28 nosler vs 96.9 grains h20 in 28 Yukon.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.