28 Yukon, yes please!

Case prep is pretty simple. 3000 is achievable but will probably be hard on brass. I'll stick where I'm at at 3234 and enjoy good brass life. My old 7mm rem mag was hard on brass at 3070 with a 180 and brass is pretty hard to find these days!! Shot it without the beak Saturday and it was fairly manageable.

Nice rig sounds like a real hammer just makes a guy want to build another outfit though . I sure like the black with the Mc swirly looks really good.

5 loads on some cases so far annealing after first firing. We'll see how they continue to hold up. The first 100 rounds were shot with 20 cases. They still held a primer fine so I left them at the smiths for test firing future chamberings. I have formed and shot 60 more so I will see how they hold up.

I'm using 26 Nosler brass, 28 wasn't available when we decided to pull the trigger on the project. I bought 300 cases on clearance at midway for $46/25. 28 Nosler would be easier because it would eliminate a step but one would still need to turn necks.

I definitely like the look of your rifle and think this round sounds pretty awesome! If a guy was to go with the 28 Yukon, what dies do you have available for it?

Other than one less step, is there any benefit to using 26 or 28 brass? What's the brand name of the die? Is it a big modification to convert it?

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.