28 nosler

So ANY rifle? How about Holland & Holland, Merkel, Kreighoff, Purdy, Wesley- Richards, Bollinger, to name a few.... I can keep going.
I don't see a point in owning one. I don't go hunting in Africa, and my guns aren't built to be pretty or to show off to my rich friends while we sip brandy and smoke high-end cigars while hanging out in my "trophy room" of my mansion. They're a tool meant to do a job I task them with, under my guidance. If it's ugly and shoots good, it's a good gun. If it's beat-up and worn, it's got some good battle scars and some extra character.

We all look at things differently. Some like fancy things to show-off, some like them for their own enjoyment, some see the point in buying a $60,000 truck, but still don't see the point in owning a $15,000 rifle. Priorities are different for everyone.

No sir, nothing wrong with either one. I personally just think that the Defiance actions and Proof Research barrels are the best in the industry. That is merely my opinion, some of us drive Fords some of us drive Chevys and God forbid some people even like Dodge. They are all good vehicles and just like guns everybody has different taste and their own opinions. The funniest thing is one of the most accurate rifles I have ever owned was a $250 Savage in 308 that my dad picked up at Wal-Mart 15 years ago. My first three shots with Factory ammo went through 1 tiny ragged hole. And yet I sold it and spend thousands of dollars buying and building guns that will never be more accurate than that one was.
I actually drive a hot-rodded 2007 Ram 2500 6.7 Cummins (there's a picture of it in the Legacy Shooting Benches thread)... And a 2017 Mustang GT Performance Pack... :cool:

Dude, SAAMI is not the end-all be-all in guns and ammo. What they do is great, and I'm glad that they exist. They make for a great baseline for testing. But, just because something is not SAAMI approved doesn't mean it isn't quality or good.

As for inviting me to go to Gunwerks site, I really could give 2 craps... I roll my own, and don't buy factory ammo, so I pretty much void any and all warranties the rifle had by the 2nd day of ownership.

You are missing the point. But that's OK.

I actually drive a hot-rodded 2007 Ram 2500 6.7 Cummins (there's a picture of it in the Legacy Shooting Benches thread)... And a 2017 Mustang GT Performance Pack... :cool:
LOL! Well don't take offense to my Dodge comment it was just a joke. I have owned two Rams and they were good trucks. I also don't have any rich friends and I don't like brandy. I sip on moonshine with my hillbilly Buddies that help me make it in the garage.

Good shooting, Al

LOL! Well don't take offense to my Dodge comment it was just a joke. I have owned two Rams and they were good trucks. I also don't have any rich friends and I don't like brandy. I sip on moonshine with my hillbilly Buddies that help me make it in the garage.

Good shooting, Al
I know, I laughed when I read it. I've been in that situation before a few times where someone makes a Dodge joke.

I was just exacerbating the flamboyancy of the situation by exaggerating it based on what I can only assume most rich folks do, as I am also far from rich...Actually about as far in the opposite direction. LOL

Honeyshine? Never heard of that...But it sounds good! Around here, most folks just make standard corn whiskey.
I make that too but I like to experiment. This batch was made with cherries and Honey from a friend who brought me a 5 gal bucket full. Its pretty smooth after I age it in a white oak barrel.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.