28 nosler

ann brezinski

my brother got a 28 nosler.its used but in great shape.he or sould i say we just hunt deer in pa.some shots are under 200 yards some out to 600 or so.the rifle is a m 48 nosler..what would you nosler fans recomend for deer as far as loads we have put on it a 6 to 20 power leapold scope.

For the 28nos that yardage, its just getting started, especially for eastern whitetail. I would look into pushing the Barnes 140gr TTSX as fast as you can. They loved to be pushed as fast as possible and would be a lightening bolt on whitetails at those speeds at 200-600yards.

I shoot the 195EOL in my custom 28nos. But my end distance is further and I hunt bigger animals.

IMO I would sell it and pick up 6.5 PRC. Less recoil, less powder, and easily capable of killing deer inside 600yards. But I understand selling rifles are easier as said then done.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.