28 nosler

Well... 257 Tony, it is true in most cases. If Browning is throating longer that is their option, and they are taking on the warranty, especially since as far as I know there are no commercially loaded 28 Nosler 195's. In your case, I would say you are hand loading? If so read the fine print in the manual/s regarding using/ shooting hand loads- it is discouraged and usually voids a warranty and the manufacturer will not cover any injuries as such. You do so at your own risk.

Now, that is not to say that people like Gunwerks and others don't offer them, but they are not within SAAMI specs. Not sure if this would void a warranty.

What I am saying is that the SAAMI overall length is 3.340 and pressures verified for the 28 Nosler, as are many other cartridges, Nosler's premise was to build a cartridge for standard 30-06 length actions.

Don't get me wrong, I hand load extensively- but all of my rifles are complete customs in nature and purpose built.

I am glad to hear your rifle shoots these, I learned something new today.

Another option to consider is a Nosler rifle.
This is factory ammo... How is it going to void a warranty?

https://www.ableammo.com/catalog/gu...-m6042-nosler-195-2925-fps-rdbx-p-155704.html

The warranty is up to the manufacturer's discretion, if they say that factory Nosler ammo voids your warranty, then so be it. That's why I've never given 2 craps about a rifle's warranty.

Most 28's will get 180's into the 3200 range. The 180 is the best of both worlds in this caliber, imho.

As far as voiding your warranty by shooting handloads, this is LRH, we all void our warranties I guess!
Yep! The minute you toss a handload into your rifle, you technically "void" your "warranty". It's just like modding a vehicle. Why would you buy a $40,000 V8 muscle car for it sound like a Prius? You don't, you dump that crappy factory exhaust and let those ponies sing!

$7,000? You can buy a Christensen Arms Ridgeline for under $2,000, and it's basically the same rifle you listed off parts to.
I personally would not compare a deviant action or a proof research Barrel to anything that Christensen Arms makes. I have owned several of their products and still use a few of their barrels. I like them but they are not on the same level as Defiance or Proof. And the whole point of my conversation was that you can build a rifle yourself for about half of what it would cost to have them do it with the exact same components. Just my opinion but I personally would rather pick out every part on my gun and get exactly what I want.

Thanks, Al

This is factory ammo... How is it going to void a warranty?

https://www.ableammo.com/catalog/gu...-m6042-nosler-195-2925-fps-rdbx-p-155704.html

The warranty is up to the manufacturer's discretion, if they say that factory Nosler ammo voids your warranty, then so be it. That's why I've never given 2 craps about a rifle's warranty.

This is ammo from a "manufacturer", and it has NOT been approved by SAAMI.
I invite you to go to the Gunwerks website and read up on it.
"Factory" ammunition has been through the SAAMI approval process.

I personally would not compare a deviant action or a proof research Barrel to anything that Christensen Arms makes. I have owned several of their products and still use a few of their barrels. I like them but they are not on the same level as Defiance or Proof. And the whole point of my conversation was that you can build a rifle yourself for about half of what it would cost to have them do it with the exact same components. Just my opinion but I personally would rather pick out every part on my gun and get exactly what I want.

Thanks, Al

Well said Al!

And you're more than welcome to. But you're welcome to try to show me how ANY rifle is worth $7,000...
Yes it is crazy but everything in life is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it. Why do I drive a $60,000 pick up? I can't live in the **** thing and of course it's not worth it. But I like it and I also like really expensive guns. Although I don't spend $7000 anymore because I found I can spend half that much and do it myself.

AL

Thanks, Al
I always pick out every part on my guns. I buy them all, get them shipped to me, and then take them to my smith to put it all together and work his magic. I prefer Rem 700 actions, but if you think a CA action is no comparison to a Defiance, then I'm sure you'll think my blueprinted 700's are junk. :cool:

This is ammo from a "manufacturer", and it has NOT been approved by SAAMI.
I invite you to go to the Gunwerks website and read up on it.
"Factory" ammunition has been through the SAAMI approval process.
Dude, SAAMI is not the end-all be-all in guns and ammo. What they do is great, and I'm glad that they exist. They make for a great baseline for testing. But, just because something is not SAAMI approved doesn't mean it isn't quality or good.

As for inviting me to go to Gunwerks site, I really could give 2 craps... I roll my own, and don't buy factory ammo, so I pretty much void any and all warranties the rifle had by the 2nd day of ownership.

I always pick out every part on my guns. I buy them all, get them shipped to me, and then take them to my smith to put it all together and work his magic. I prefer Rem 700 actions, but if you think a CA action is no comparison to a Defiance, then I'm sure you'll think my blueprinted 700's are junk. :cool:

Wow.

No sir, nothing wrong with either one. I personally just think that the Defiance actions and Proof Research barrels are the best in the industry. That is merely my opinion, some of us drive Fords some of us drive Chevys and God forbid some people even like Dodge. They are all good vehicles and just like guns everybody has different taste and their own opinions. The funniest thing is one of the most accurate rifles I have ever owned was a $250 Savage in 308 that my dad picked up at Wal-Mart 15 years ago. My first three shots with Factory ammo went through 1 tiny ragged hole. And yet I sold it and spend thousands of dollars buying and building guns that will never be more accurate than that one was.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts