28 nosler

So I'm curious also if I guy needs to be Leary of the carbon wrapped barrels. I'm curious to what moisture does with them if they soak it up and cause any issues what so ever. I hope to do a goat hunt on Kodiak some day and this could be a real issue.

The Carbon wrap is wrapped and sealed in resin. There is no worry about its weather resistance. My CT Edge was soaked in NZ with no problem. As always you need to keep the bore dry if you expect first round impacts.

The Carbon wrap is wrapped and sealed in resin. There is no worry about its weather resistance. My CT Edge was soaked in NZ with no problem. As always you need to keep the bore dry if you expect first round impacts.
Yep. And, not to mention they're wrapped and made under extreme pressure so they are as solid as steel...And in some cases, actually stronger and more solid than steel.

Imo, the 28 needs to be set up for the 195 berger. 1:8 twist. Seems to shoot everything under that good enough. That is its 5th gear and I feel that's the top end of that calibur. Nosler really missed the mark not taking the standard coals out to this.

RBros Rifles
Here is a 28 Nosler
As pictured 9 1/2 lbs.
Proof barrel
Manners carbon wrapped stock
Rogue action

Attachments

• 914CB389-1DDF-4CC0-B3BB-3DD2B9B693DA.jpeg
    914CB389-1DDF-4CC0-B3BB-3DD2B9B693DA.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 191
wanting a 28 nosler rifle rarely light weight. Any suggestions? Deffinely want 26" barrel. Thinking browning, fierce, Christensen arms, or Montana rifle. Any feed back would be great
I have a two 28 nosler... one is a browning and I love it. I've gotten hitting good out to 1700 yds using the Berger 180 vld with retumbo. The second one is a gun werks rifle and I love it as well.... working on load Developement for this one , but using their loads , 180 hybrid with retumbo and hitting 2" groups out to 750 yd so far.....

Hi fellow shooters, I'm new to this site and new to long range shooting. I personally bought several rifles in 28 Nosler caliber and the fierce fury being the best value. It's light, feels solid, super smooth, accurate a lot of value for the money. I also bought a fierce edge and the only difference is a fluted coated bolt and fluted barrel for roughtly a $1,000 more. It's really does shoot under 1/2" with 175 gr ELD-X bullets... I'm in the process of trying the new Sierra 165 grain Gamechanger and Berger 180 grain VLD hunting heads hopefully shrinking my groups and learning as I go.

X-bolt Hells Canyon Speed checks all your boxes. 26" bareel, 6.75 lbs, 60 degree bolt, cerakoted, brake, 9 twist. You could do rifle and just about any hunting optic you want and be under 3k.

The Seekins havak has a 1:8.6 twist. Youd stand a better chance of getting the 195's to stabilize out of that than a 1:9 if you decided to try them. Seems worth while keeping that option open even if you don't initially plan shooting them.

X-bolt Hells Canyon Speed checks all your boxes. 26" bareel, 6.75 lbs, 60 degree bolt, cerakoted, brake, 9 twist. You could do rifle and just about any hunting optic you want and be under 3k.
All 2018 model 7mm caliber Brownings have 1:8 twist barrels. So, that makes it THE best factory option rifle in all 7mm offerings currently on the market. I hope they do the same with the 7mm-08, too. I know they are for 7mmRM and .28 Nosler.

So, from the factory, a 2018 Browning X-Bolt .28 Nosler with the 1:8 twist, will handle Berger 195's with no mods necessary. Also, just read on their website about the X-Bolt Pro Long Range, they are hand-lapping the barrels as well, for even more precision from a factory rifle.

Browning listens to their customer's wants... It seems like nobody else gives a crap, they just do what their board of fudds tells them to. Remington is trying, but they are moving at molasses pace. They need to step their game up, like yesterday, if they want to compete in today's factory rifle market. Seems Browning is the only ones who care.

Now, when it comes to the 700 5R Milspecs, those are different ballgame, but Remington also needs to step up their hunting rifles with modern twist rates and 5R rifling on ALL of their guns. Also, they need to replace that **** X-FartPro trigger that should be rounded up and hurled into the sun.

Just my $0.02

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts