28 nosler load 168 comps

MudRunner2005

Most big ammo companies don't use typical canister powders that you and I can buy. Most have their own proprietary blends. Through trial & error, we can usually deduce a very similar powder with a particular charge and bullet weight, but that takes some time and effort.

Also, unless you have something slower than a 1:9 twist, I'd be shooting 180+ grain bullets in that .28 Nosler. I'd also recommend slower magnum powders like IMR 7828, 7977, 8133, H1000, or RL33...Something along those lines.

BigSwede

IMG_3007.PNG
my buddy Grizz1148 bought it from HANDLER on this site a little bit ago. It is a rechambered factory tikka 1-9" or 9.5 maybe. He bought a box of nosler factory to get started and found a gem. We were just trying to find out if what they used for fodder so GRIZZ could replicate cuz it shoots **** good with the 168 comp factories. I agree Really should be shooting heavier to take advantage of the purpose of the cartridge. But man I imagine the velocity is there with the 168's.
-Swede

ctw

Wow bigswede. I can see why you want to stay with that 168. You might just end up chasing your tail trying to replicate that. that's some fine shooting. ctw

Trending threads