28 nosler factory rifle options

You guys are selling me on a build. If I want to use a remington 700 action, would I need a magnum long action or a rum action? Thanks for all the input!

They are the same bolt face, and I believe the same action...With a factory mag box you can load around 3.695", at least that's what I measured on a stock rem 700 long range in 7mm rem mag. They make mag boxes that you can load up to 4.00", but for a round that long your action would need milling to fit the box and your ejection port would need milling similar to the Stiller predator actions. It would depend on how long your throat is to determine what length mag box you need. Find a reputable smith in the area, and talk to them.

Just a little more help, I would strongly recommend getting most of your components together and tele it to the smith to be put together, if you have them order everything it may take longer, as they have alot f projects to focus on, while you only have one. Also, alot of barrel companies may have the barrel you want in stock so you don't have to wait for it to be made.

You guys are selling me on a build. If I want to use a remington 700 action, would I need a magnum long action or a rum action? Thanks for all the input!

Either but the RUM will make life easier as it has everything already done. Just swap the barrel. A 300WM would also do very well.

If you want it "trued" and and a different trigger, stock, etc.. Like has been said. Get it all together then take it to the smith.

After much research on this very subject I decided to build off of a Remington 700 RUM action. With a little luck I was recently able to pick up a used Remington Custom Shop rifle chambered in 7mm RUM for cheap. Basically a barrel change should put me in business from here. I'm just researching now to decide on a few smiths to speak with and figure out who to do the work.