28 nosler factory rifle options

I agree with FENIX, build it.

If you want to buy it:
  • Christensen Arms Ridgeline
  • Browning X-Bolt Hells Canyon Long Range
  • Nosler 48 Long Range

Various "semi" custom.

Your favorite 7mm RM then rechamber to 28 Nosler. I just saw that Remington 783 now comes as a "magnum" in 7mm.

Build it: "From Scratch" either DIY or by a smith. Easy to stay within your budget.

I bought an off the shelf 8 twist Kreiger bull sporter, a 28 Nosler reamer from Dave Manson, and a vintage Sako in 7mm Rem mag. Took it all to my local smith and a few months later I had my new toy. One of my favorites and it came it under your budget. In general I would not expect a factory rifle to beat one of the top custom barrels installed by a good smith on a good action which is why I tend to go that way. Plus you can get exactly what you want in length, twist, contour, and chamber.

+1 for what Engineering101 said.

That is a way to get the 28 Nosler you want.

+1 for what Engineering101 said.

That is a way to get the 28 Nosler you want.

The OP wants to know what the best factory rifle is avail. in 28 Nos.

i have one from Legendary arms great hunting rifle under 2k. 180 Bergers fit in mag.
many sub moa groups to 500 yds. a dozen first shot kills on big game between 4-700 yds.

I am going to buy a 28 Nosler Christensen Ridgeline soon they are right at 2k
Both guns are 9 twist so may not be able to shoot 175 Horn. eld-x or the Berger 195

I had the nosler rifle in a 28 and the problem with them is that you are restricted to mag length which definelty cuts down on playing with the heavy billets. I have a ridgeline in 7 Rem and just ordered a 28 now also. I figured since the 7 Rem is such a great shooter the 28 should be also.

What barrel and twist rate for heavier bullets? what action? What stock and how to make sure they work together?

I would go 1 in 8 for heavies, especially if your below 5000 ft elevation.

All of the major manufacturers make excellent barrels, Krieger, Brux, Broughton, Lilja, Bartlein, Criterion or Mcgowen are good for prefit savage barrels...You won't go wrong with any of them, especially over a factory barrel.

Remington or Savage action if you have one around, if you want to go custom action, there are lots available, and since I don't have any experience with custom actions I won't speak on that.

If you wan't to budget on your stock, Boyds make some decent laminated options in several different configurations, sporter, thumbhole, varmint, tactical, ect. Stockies also has some decent laminated options as well. Keep in mind, these will need to be pillared and bedded. If you want something synthetic, on the lower end you have Bell & Carlson, I have one of these, and it's not bad, but it's not the best. Mcmillan makes some awesome stocks, with tons of different custom options, but you pay for them. New, you won't get one under $500, and can spend nearly double that if you add on flushcups, LOP extensions, cheek riser, bipod rail, or some of the other things. These are top of the line.

Hopefully this gives you some options. I would suggest looking at the extended mag boxes from PTG or Wyatt's or one of the other manufacturers for whatever action you get, that way you can run those 195 EOL's all the way out to the lands to get the most out of them. If you have $2,000 you are going to spend on a rifle, there is no reason not to build it EXACTLY how you want it, and not have any limitations such as OAL or not enough twist to run the bullets that get the most out of that chambering. I know you asked about factory rifles, and that has been answered, but from experience, I would strongly suggest building with a budget like that. You will like it better than any factory gun. Plus, YOU will be the one who put it together.

And to make sure it works together, I would find a good smith in your area and talk to them. They will help you with what you need for a build. If you have the time on hand though, I would suggest researching on this site as much as you can, there is a wealth of info here, pictures of rifles that other people built, and so on, and that will give you an idea of exactly what you want for your rifle.

Fierce Firearms chambers their Fury rifle in a 28 Nosler. 1/2 MOA guarantee.

FURY Model

Don't know anything about them, other than they are selling their rifles through Cabelas.

To be honest there isn't a factory 28 Nosler worth buying, especially for $2000. Buy a Remmy Rum action, a Jewel trigger, any 1-8 twist barrel from a reputable maker like brux, Lilja, or Bartlien and a quality stock and your gunsmith will have it to you for only a couple hundred over your $2000 budget. I've had it done first hand. Save yourself the headache and disappointment of the factory 28's

Fierce Firearms chambers their Fury rifle in a 28 Nosler. 1/2 MOA guarantee.

FURY Model

Don't know anything about them, other than they are selling their rifles through Cabelas.

Fierce look good from far but are far from good. I had one and it looked like a kindergarten class put it together. Some shoot great but there fit and finish is horrible.