6.5PRC factory ammo options?

They are not good at close range. I used them this year and they blew up. Both deer recovered and didn't go far but I didn't like the results and all I hit was a rib on both.
The article on the Barnes new 6.5PRC ammo reported very good performance at under 100 yards. I don't recall exact distance of shot, but it was fairly close, maybe even down to 70 yards.

Shot a doe with me 300 Saum with the Hornady PH 178gr eldx. Broadside and maybe 40 yards. Buddy with me put her down after she got maybe 30 yards. No blood trail of any kind in between the two spots.
Trust me, I was surprised when she didn't drop in her tracks.

Go to Choice Ammunition of Victor, Montana. They have at least 4 options of hand loaded ammo....Berger, Nosler Accubond, etc etc. expensive but for those that don't handload, great option. Copper Creek also has options per a previous post. You don't have to settle for Hornady bullets anymore in factory 6.5 PRC.

Dallas reloads will also make any ammo you want within reason. Their prices aren't horrible. As will unknown munitions. They use top of the line equipment, powder charges within a grain as I use most the same equipment as them. They're a bit more pricey tho!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.