Montana Rifle Co X2 28 Nosler

fishbone821

Anybody have an X2 in 28 Nosler? According to the website they come with a 1 in 9.5 twist and I was curious how they shoot with bullets heavier than 160 grains. From the looks of it the 160's pack more than enough punch out to 600-700 yards but was hoping for some first hand experiences.

Anybody have an X2 in 28 Nosler? According to the website they come with a 1 in 9.5 twist and I was curious how they shoot with bullets heavier than 160 grains. From the looks of it the 160's pack more than enough punch out to 600-700 yards but was hoping for some first hand experiences.

I ordered mine with 1:8 twist, 7mm RUM magazine box, extractor, and bolt stop, with muzzle brake. It shoots the Berger 195 EOL sub MOA. I'm very happy with it. And for $1650 it's a great price/performance. I topped it with a EGW 20 moa rail and Burris Verocity 4-20 scope. Total package $2500 to get a decent long range hunter.

BTW - I have only good things to say about Jeff Sipe (CEO). Great guy, personal service, and really wanting to make great rifles for his customers. That was my experience.

Just wanted to add I have a X2 in 6.5-284 and it's shown great accuracy so far. Very well built rifle for the $

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.