Montana rifle company VS Nosler M48 patriot

Elkwonder

Ok Guys and Gals, here is the deal......I have been wanting a 280AI for a long while. This will be my main do it all rifle for 500 yards and in. Well, I now have the opportunity of getting that caliber in my choice of two rifles....the Nosler M48patriot or the Montana Extreme x2 rifle. I unfortunately won't be able to play with them, and the rifle will be shipped to me from a dealer friend of mine. Unfortunately all I get from him is he likes them both and couldn't pick one over the other...lol
SO which one would you guys pick and why? Thanks for your help!!

HARPERC

The Montana. I've had good luck with them, and prefer a Model 70 style safety, and extractor.

I'd make sure the twist in either was adequate for the bullet I planned on shooting.

Lefty7mmstw

My brother has a pair of M48's and both shoot very well. One is a 280ai; the other is a 6.5x284.
I've handled the Montana too and they seem fine but I have not shot one.

Seems like a bit of a Ford/Chevy or Rem./ Winchester debate to me.... They will both work well but what really whets your whistle.

Ridgerunner665

Something not to be overlooked.... Nosler only offers the 280 Ackley with a magnum contour barrel (.650" at the muzzle)...I like that, others may not.

Pics of the muzzle diameter in my thread above... With a Winchester M70 Featherweight in 270 Win for comparison.

Elkwonder

I went to fargo and played with a Nosler 48 yesterday. I really like the barrel contour as well. The only thing I didn't care for was the stock felt kind of blocky to me. It had some sharp lines on the bottom around the grip area that I didn't find too comfortable. Everything else I LOVED!

Ridgerunner665

Yep...those aluminum bedding block stocks are too chunky for me too...my Nosler doesn't have that stock.

James Bailey

I have both. 30 Nosler M48 and MRC X3 28 Nosler. Both of them shoot under .75 at 100 yards. I doubt you could go wrong here, I like the stock on the X3 best.

SShultz

I have the M48 Liberty in 26 Nosler. It shoots way better than I can. Typically holding sub 1” groups at 200 yards with factory Nosler ammunition. It’s a darn fine piece of craftsmanship.

Joefrazell

I've heard of Montana having poor customer service. I don't know much about it though. Maybe others could chime in?

Trending threads

Recent Posts