28 nosler 195 berger RE33 testing

Maybe someone here can answer this for me. I have a 300 RUM. Really tired of trying to find brass. Once its shot out it getting a new cal. So my question is will the Remington ultra mag action work for the 28 nosler. I was told the 28 nos was built of the same size case but shortened and a few other things. Just wondering if the feed ramps have to be changed/machined? I figure the mag needs to be extended (wyatt box) and the some of the bottom of the action opened up for feeding length but what about the upper part of the actions feed rails. I know some will say go with a custom.

Your rum action will work fine. Grab a Wyatt's 3.850" box and have your action opened up. Or just buy a stiller predator. I am building quite a few in the next few weeks and will have a couple left over to have instock. I have some predators for 900 if I chamber a barrel on it. I have some fluted and non fluted Rem varm contour Brux barrels instock that I will be using.

Ryan Pierce
Piercision Rifles

What is the longest loaded cartridge that can be ejected by that Predator action?

Your rum action will work fine. Grab a Wyatt's 3.850" box and have your action opened up. Or just buy a stiller predator. I am building quite a few in the next few weeks and will have a couple left over to have instock. I have some predators for 900 if I chamber a barrel on it. I have some fluted and non fluted Rem varm contour Brux barrels instock that I will be using.

Ryan Pierce
Piercision Rifles
The RUM action worked great.

My Matrix 190 VLD was 3.468 at -.020 off.

IIWM, I'd take Ryan up on his offer.

I have one of these on order from Ryan Pierce after reading this forum. The more I read, the more excited I am about this gun.

Can't wait.

I am currently waiting for a reamer from JGS. Ryan has been very helpful with several questions I have had on my upcoming build. If anyone is thinking about a build in this cartridge, Ryan has it figured out!

Tony.

Thank you for the kind words guys. I have a ton of manners eh1 stocks coming in a few weeks for builds if anyone wants one done. They will also be available for sale without having me build the rifle. All 700 short and long action inlets. BDL and M5 bottom metal inlets with #5 barrel contours. Barrel contour is easily opened up for bigger barrels. This batch coming in is all Black Forest Camo. I figured if someone wanted a different color it can easily be repainted. They will be 620 shipped. Gunsmith discounts available on them.

Ryan Pierce
Piercsion Rifles
www.piercisionrifles.com
563-586-2000

The problem with the rum is you need a 4" box to run the 195 as it is 3.95 to the lands where the 195 needs to be if throated properly. The STW is single feed only if throated for the 195 as its over 4". The nosler does the same thing in a much shorter package. Also the rum is a finicky cartridge. The nosler is very easy to load for and all my customers have had 1/4 moa or better with the 28s I have built. I use the same load to test fire them for accuracy. By the end of august I will have built around 70 28noslers since last fall and I'm a one man shop.

The predator had no problem ejecting a 3.9" 338 edge round I had in the shop. Longest round I have in there right now.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.