28 nosler 195 berger RE33 testing

My problem with this data is that it's NOT production data... it's custom.

I don't know.... my 280 AI and 6.5x284 M48 BOTH have very healthy jumps to engagement, and I seat out accordingly.... however my 26 Nosler is TIGHT. I seat at 3.330, 3.350 is jam.
Does that mean every one of those is that bloody tight? Heck no... but my issue is RPierces rifles are DESIGNED a certain way-- and not a "standard" spec. Is that bad, hell no. Performance doesn't lie... My issue is some Gomer reading that data, and stuffing it into his production 28 Nosler, and damaging his rifle.

Has this data been pressure tested? Its a pressure engine... gotta give to get.
I'd bet money on it to get those velocities... the load is creeping on 75k psi...
Guys,
We are working up loads for the 7mm 195 bullets so contact us at [email protected]
And we will see what we can do for you. Thanks for the testing and feedback on this new bullet!

Jokostel: The load isn't showing any real pressure signs. Bolt lift is fine, primers are round and pockets are tight. Very slight ejector mark is all. Its using re33 which has velocity gains in big cartridges as you know. With h1000 it started getting pressure signs at a lot lower velocity. You are correct if someone tried that load in a sammi/noslers coal that would be very bad. My c.o.a.l is .4" longer than what Nosler is using. The 195 berger at 3.34" has its boat tail .4" below the shoulder vs being even with it in my throat setup. That is a lot of difference in powder capacity and pressure. I know some guys that are using a .300 fb in there 284 shehanes for fclass and pushing the 180 at 3000fps with zero pressure. Brass is lasting 12+ firings because of the extremely long freebore reducing pressure. With the fairly popular freebore of .220 that load would cause brass to last only a few firings.

Ryan Pierce
Piercision Rifles
www.piercisionrifles.com

I took it out this morning to 1025 yds, 18.8 moa at 700ft elevation. I got out there a little later than anticipated after hitting the snooze button, 4 hours of sleep. I only shot one 3 shot group as I was just wanting to fine tune the G7 rangefinder for the customers gun for his elk hunt coming up next week. Group measured 2.5" tall by 5.5" wide. There was a slight breeze that pushed the last shot to 5.5", first 2 shots went into 2.5" I know this gun is capable of shooting a 3" group at 1000 in early morning conditions as evidenced by the vertical at 400 and 1000. Group was shot off a harris bipod.

Ryan Pierce
Piercision Rifles
www.piercisionrifles.com

7mm 195gr EOL Elite Hunter Now Available!
Posted September 18, 2015
EOL box for blog 2
We are thrilled to announce that our recent tests were successful, and our new 7mm 195gr EOL Elite Hunter is now available!
This bullet was inspired by Bob Beck, host of Extreme Outer Limits. Bob is building some exciting rifles with the capability of shooting these extremely aggressive bullets. Bryan Litz accepted the challenge of designing this bullet to not only have the highest ballistic performance of any 7mm bullet but also to overcome the difficulties in shooting heavier than standard weights. Bryan's Hybrid nose design for these bullets is purpose built to exceed all others in BC and be easy to tune in many different rifles.
These bullets can be ordered through a Berger Bullets dealer or from Extreme Outer Limits.
Read more about the 195gr EOL Elite Hunter and its performance characteristics HERE.
195 EOL

7mm 195gr EOL Elite Hunter Now Available! | Berger Bullets

Phil, and idea/eta on when Natchez, Midway, etc. are going to be receiving these bullets?
Jokostel,
I am not privy to that information. Will see if I can find out. If I can I will report back. Suggestion would be to see when they put a part number for them on their websites and get them on back order if you can.
Our part number for the 100 count box is 28550. For the 500 count box its 28750 .

My problem with this data is that it's NOT production data... it's custom.

I don't know.... my 280 AI and 6.5x284 M48 BOTH have very healthy jumps to engagement, and I seat out accordingly.... however my 26 Nosler is TIGHT. I seat at 3.330, 3.350 is jam.
Does that mean every one of those is that bloody tight? Heck no... but my issue is RPierces rifles are DESIGNED a certain way-- and not a "standard" spec. Is that bad, hell no. Performance doesn't lie... My issue is some Gomer reading that data, and stuffing it into his production 28 Nosler, and damaging his rifle.

Has this data been pressure tested? Its a pressure engine... gotta give to get.
I'd bet money on it to get those velocities... the load is creeping on 75k psi...
In earlier testing I had a Pressure Trace II hooked up to my 27,28,30,33 Noslers. Admittedly this is not a commercial calibrated system. It did give predictable results. As in I could look at the data on screen and have a good idea of what the brass would look like. It all matched up across multiple rifles, calibers and loads. So while not "certified" it gives us an idea of what to expect. Oh and in some cases, recorded pressures matched perfectly to predicted pressures. In other cases, not so much but following standard reloading and testing procedures, no problems.

As for "some Gomer": Darwin will out....

I want to understand your fear in this though, can you explain why you are worried about Gomer?

I just looked over my data. Updated a model with Pierce's load, COAL and barrel.

3150 FPS is ~62K in my model.

Probably not worth the energy to worry about "Gomer". I did a search: "Gomer" only enters give away contests.

How do you feel a 7mm rum would perform with this bullet and powder combo. Have 1 standing by that requires some chamber work or a rebarrel. Am using re33 in my tejas w/210 and 215vlds very good groups

How do you feel a 7mm rum would perform with this bullet and powder combo. Have 1 standing by that requires some chamber work or a rebarrel. Am using re33 in my tejas w/210 and 215vlds very good groups
I can't get it to come out right in QL for 7mm RUM.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.