270 wsm new 1-8 twist

Rotten

Hello everyone. I'm looking for some help I've been having with a rifle that I had a new barrel put on. The rifle is a Kimber 8400 in 270 wsm that I replaced the barrel with a faster twist. The factory barrel would shoot 72 grs of mag pro with a 140 grain interlock. The new barrel I had ordered had a .700 freebore I contacted the maker and said that that isn't what I asked for. They remade the barrel so I only had .020 freebore with 175 grain Game king. With the new barrel I can only get 68 grains of mag pro powder with the 140 gr. bullet before the bolt sticks. No flattened primer but on one side of the case has a small gouge in the brass where the claw extractor cut out is. But only on one side. Like the case expanded and didn't shrink back to allow easy extraction. It wouldn't bother me so bad except for the fact everything I've tried loading for I can't seem to get even into the middle of the load data. I've recut the freebore another .07
And polished the chamber and it's still 200 to 300 fps slower than I think it should be at. Most recent load was 165 gr. Ablr and 65 grains of retumbo
Which is only getting me 2760
Fps before the bolt sticks. Any suggestions as to what would cause this gouge in the brass.
I can't see anything with a bore scope even before polishing the chamber.
Thanks

Is your head space good? Sounds like maybe you have some brass stretching and giving you bolt thrust. Have you fired once fired brass without shoulder bumping?

Is your head space good? Sounds like maybe you have some brass stretching and giving you bolt thrust. Have you fired once fired brass without shoulder bumping?
It's fired brass and annealed full length sized with head space bumped back .002 -.003 measured with the Hornady case length gage.

Well I did it with a sized case and closed the bolt to seat the bullet and then measured the oval to ogive. After still not getting the velocity I was expecting. I rented a hand reamer and lengthened the freebore another .070 thinking it's not enough causing pressure. And maybe it still is.
I also did a cast of chamber and bore to see if the bore was under sized. But from my books the bore is to print.

Okay maybe I might have a problem with the web of the chamber. Was doing some measuring and from the original barrel the fired brass in front of web measures.550 on this new barrel the fired brass measures.555 just in front of the web. So right at the web the brass is measuring .545
Just in front of the web is measuring .555 would .005 larger in the web of a chamber
Cause problems ?

Sounds like your chamber is too big. These must be pretty hard to full length size. I had a 6.5 Creedmoor chamber that was 7 thou big (I think) and I couldn't resize the brass no matter how much lube I used! It's now been chambered into a BeanMore.

Hey @ButterBean I think we need to start a new thread about how you got snookered into shooting a 6.5mm!

I know the History, Lee is a Big Fan. 👍
I'm watching the both of ya
1714503597378.gif

Yup after I started measuring my brass I believe the chamber is oversized. Kinda feel stupid about it now. Sized brass measures in front of web .555
At shoulder measure .535
Center measure.546

The fired brass @ web .559
@ shoulder .5405
@ center .552
And yes resizing the brass was hard but not excessively hard.
So now I guess my 3 options
Would be
1- have a custom fl sizing die made
2- try and get them to replace barrel
3- pay for new barrel maybe 7mm-6.5 prc or 6.5 prc because the 270 wsm brass is unobtainaium.