6.5 creedmoor to 270 wsm

I'm pretty sure I will need a n
Bolt face would have to be opened up to a magnum bolt face. Or replace the bolt with something like a PTG after market bolt with a magnum bolt face.
Thanks for the reply. That's what I was hoping. Hopefully opening a bolt face will be a easy task?

I'm pretty sure I will need a n
Thanks for the reply. That's what I was hoping. Hopefully opening a bolt face will be a easy task?
Yes, smith can do it. Can also install an m16 extractor which works better than the standard Remington one.
Oldschool has a good idea with the 07-08 Ackly. Might also do a 260AI those are popular too.

If I were going to do it, I'd have the smith modify the stock and action for a wyatts extended mag box as well. 270 WSM, given the right bullet will give better ft lbs on game for sure over a 6.5 CM within useful ranges.
Good advise thanks for the reply.
FWIW... The 270 WSM is a fantastic cartridge from what I've seen. I was a little skeptical (bias) at first but I've loaded for a few now and have been utterly impressed. I'd like to add one to the safe...
FWIW... The 270 WSM is a fantastic cartridge from what I've seen. I was a little skeptical (bias) at first but I've loaded for a few now and have been utterly impressed. I'd like to add one to the safe...
If you don't mind me asking what component selections did you use?

Yes, smith can do it. Can also install an m16 extractor which works better than the standard Remington one.
Oldschool has a good idea with the 07-08 Ackly. Might also do a 260AI those are popular too.
thanks barrelnut. I don't really have the time to invest in fireforming. My sound silly but work keeps me busy and it would be easier for me to load a cartridge with minimal work.

If brass was available without fire forming I would consider.
I hear ya. It seems. Nowadays i'm fire-forming for everything i own. I have been very interested in the 270 wsm as well and almost bought one for my son. Figured we could save you some dough and use the same bolt, and find brass real easy.
thanks barrelnut. I don't really have the time to invest in fireforming. My sound silly but work keeps me busy and it would be easier for me to load a cartridge with minimal work.

Do we not fireform for all of our cartridges? The ackley may shoot factory ammo just fine. Then you can supercharge them when you get the chance. But hey man, whatever works for you. Love the 270 wsm as well

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.