270 win Rebarrel

My old 270 winchester, winchester model 70 has seen better days and christmas this year is funding a rebarrel, (exterior is pitted beyond fixing and just plain bothers me). I am kind of trying to decide on a contour and I am not really sure where to start. The current rifle is a featherweight .270 model 70 and that barrel is definitely not enough for days when I want to sit and plink away at the range. I am leaning toward a bartlein barrel and wondering if anyone has suggestions for something that I can pack around for hunting season along with sit and shoot more than 3 rounds before my barrel is almost hot. THanks in advance!
late to the party: I would have just put a 24 inch number 4 magnum sporter in the featherwight stock, you already have the best trigger on the market if the M-70 is pre FN.

Think I've decided to take a change on what I was originally going to do with this rifle. For now I am undecided whether to stay with the 270 or swap it up a little bit as I am not set on this caliber. I do reload for it but does not hurt my feelings to buy another set of dies and go for something new for a while. I am Leaning towards either going up to a 280AI or down to possibly a 6.5-06 or maybe even a 6.5-284 norma. Those have always intrigued me. For now I think I am going to go on the hunt for a new stock and order a trigger. Once those two things are out of the way, I will revisit the thought of rechambering or just sticking with rebarreling. Thanks everyone for their help and opinions!
This is why #67 is my unwritten rule.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.