Win. M70 WSM rebarrel

elk wallow

Thinking of putting a new barrel on my 7mm WSM. What calibers are able to fit in that action. Is it shorter than a regular short action. I know I would need a new bolt for most cartridges.

Thanks, Kevin

Thinking of putting a new barrel on my 7mm WSM. What calibers are able to fit in that action. Is it shorter than a regular short action. I know I would need a new bolt for most cartridges.

Thanks, Kevin

If you have a Model 70 factory action you won't be limited with any short mags. Take your pick, from the 6.5 to the 325.

My rifle is a factory 7mm short mag. I was thinking of rebarelling it in a non short mag caliber. Don't know if the action is shorter than a standard short action

No, any of the 308 family will work fine.
I'm not sure about winchester, but he may have a problem with feeding a .473 bolt face cartridge because of the feed rails are set up for the fatter wsm. My guess would be that a detachable mag would have to be used with the 308 family. Maybe one of the smith's will chime in on this.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts