.270 and Elk hunting

Haven't tried them yet but I brought in Cutting edge 130 mth bulletThese are a lathe turned monolithic drive band bullet.The 129 gr lrx shoot really well in my .270 winny rifles.One of the rifles has a 18.75"barrel 2980 chrono and just under barnes listed max... under 3@ under moa too

I live in Ca also so all rifles get a good load with all copper, then I move onto the heavy traditional bullrts. I have a CE MTH 140gr load as well. Shoots well but even with a military discount they are expensive if you shoot often.

I live in Ca also so all rifles get a good load with all copper, then I move onto the heavy traditional bullrts. I have a CE MTH 140gr load as well. Shoots well but even with a military discount they are expensive if you shoot often.
Are the 140's ok 1/10 twist? Did you chrono any of your loads Shane?

Not chrono'd. It's a 1:8 twist so I can shoot the 165/170/175 gr bullets. Not a "hot" load by any means- 56.6 gr w/H4831 sc. Accuracy was good after 6 rounds so I just loaded up thr rest there due to $$$. I didn't figure this for a very long range bullet anyway, but the BC is pretty good at .590 they Cuttin Edge claims they will function don to 1500 fps I believe.

I think in the OP it was stated it was only going to be for 300 yds and under. If that is it, hard to beat the TSX,TTSX,LRX.

Depending on where you live you may be able to stabilize them (elevation). They are super long though. I am at sea level here in Cali so no joy.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.