270-300 Win Mag now feasible

Now they are $34.52... with free shipping over $150...

I ordered some...more...[/QUOTE

have you shot them yet?

I have shot over 400 rounds of the 170 Bergers. I posted many pics of targets in this thread.

This bullet does like to be "launched" a certain way…some loads do pattern like a shotgun, but I also noted that with the 165 Matrix.

Shot these two groups today with the 270-300WM. These are with 130 grain Peregrine PlainsMasters with 78 and 78.5 grains Retumbo. Velocity is 3415ish. Both groups right at 0.5" at 100 yards. Not going to win any trophies but good enough for my hunting purposes. Looking forward to seeing how they perform on game!

Attachments

• tar1.JPG
    tar1.JPG
    39.4 KB · Views: 82
  • tar2.JPG
    tar2.JPG
    42.3 KB · Views: 60
I honestly don't know. I haven't shot them over the chronograph enough to know. I just ran the ladder trying to get to 3400 without hitting any pressure signs and did that yesterday at 78 grains. So came back today with a set of 77.5, 78 and 78.5 and this was the result. Also no pressure signs at 78.5 but I am not interested in running it any hotter.

Shot these two groups today with the 270-300WM. These are with 130 grain Peregrine PlainsMasters with 78 and 78.5 grains Retumbo. Velocity is 3415ish. Both groups right at 0.5" at 100 yards. Not going to win any trophies but good enough for my hunting purposes. Looking forward to seeing how they perform on game!

Very nice- looks like youre set

I have shot over 400 rounds of the 170 Bergers. I posted many pics of targets in this thread.

This bullet does like to be "launched" a certain way…some loads do pattern like a shotgun, but I also noted that with the 165 Matrix.

If i remember right, you have a weatherby 270, correct?

I am curious as to how far a jump the bergers need for accuracy in your rifle.

Yes, I shoot the 270 Wby…Benchmark 1-9, 28"

With the 170 Bergers, I always shoot at mag length…so, I am about .2 off the lands…with the Bergers…I can almost touch the lands with the 165 Matrix…at mag length…

So with the 170s, I shoot with powder choices and primers…I cannot vary the seating depth too much...

Just checked my notes…I hit the lands at 3.525" with the Berger 170s. I load the Bergers to mag length at 3.350". So I am shooting .175" off the lands with the 170 Bergers.

The Matrix 165s hit the lands at 3.40"

How far are you off the lands?

I have autopsy photos

The picture of the right side of the ribcage is the entrance wound after the shoulder had been removed. The bullet did not hit the shoulder bone. The picture of the inside of the left ribcage is an exit wound.

This was a Cutting Edge 140 gr at 3425 fps. All copper bullet

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 63