300 Win Mag Rifle

Duke8170

I am looking to get a 300 Win Mag rifle. It will be a hunting rifle that I'll use to shoot long range as well. I have a budget of $2000 for the rifle. I've been looking into them and seen Christensen Ridgeline, Fierce Fury, Browing X-Bolts, but am open to other models.

Those are all great choices, and they all have their little advantages over each other. My vote would be an X-bolt LR McMillan, one of the 2018 models with the 1:8 twist. They generally run around $1800.

All of those are good choices. I've had great luck with the Christensen rifles (everyone I've shot has been under .75 MOA with any load shot through them). The fast twist rate in the Brownings is appealing especially if you are wanting to shoot some of the higher BC monolithics like the Hammer bullets. The Fierce has an awesome accuracy guarantee and is based off the Sako action which some prefer. Either way, they are all high end production rifles that should shoot very well for you.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.