300 win mag

Just to clarify I'm not planning on using the custom competition bullets to hunt they do shoot really well in my gun though. I'm deciding on which bullet I want to use for hunting. I have used them in the past but when they were used the only shot taken was a head shot. I personally prefer head shots, generally the animal is standing still, no adrenaline and i don't make soup out of the horns anyway so I don't care about that. I want a quick clean kill and i don't like to track critters after the shot. I know it can and does happen though. The purpose of this is to find a good accurate bullet that will work well for me if the opportunity for the head shot doesn't present itself. Give the chance I will be taking the best shot for a clean kill, I just want to expand the opportunities.

A 285 eldx from a .338 Edge...instant burger...don't mean to gross anyone out...
IMG_3589.jpg

A 285 eldx from a .338 Edge...instant burger...don't mean to gross anyone out...
Identical to my experience with ELDx bullets out of a 270 on two deer. They turned into a grenade when they hit the first strand of hair, I immediately relocated the remainder of the bullets into the garbage can where they belong. As far as I'm concerned they're a match bullet that has a different colored tip for marketing purposes.

Well of the bullets you have listed I would not hesitate to use the 165 sgk. I usually load 180 or 200 grain in my 300 wby for elk but have used the sierras to kill deer, sheep and caribou at up to your 600-yard limit. They would certainly work and give reliable results.