270-300 win mag

darndt

Hello everyone, I am having a 270-300 win mag built by weaver rifle co. and I am one the hunt for some load data. I am having a difficult time finding info on this wildcat. I'm sure I can use 270 wby data and work up from there, but I am looking for some personal input if anyone has any. Thank You

I can not help you with specific reload info. This is one wildcat that has always intrigued me.

My method for developing a max in a wildcat. I increase the load until I encounter case head expansion. Once that occurs I reduce the load a minimum of 1.0 grs.

I am curious, which barrel and length are you going to have put on your rifle? What twist will you be selecting? And what bullet are you planning on using?

Good luck with your new rifle.

I am putting on a 26" krieger with a 1/10 twist. I am going to be shooting 110 and 130 gr barnes ttsx. Should be a fun toy

darndt,

Interesting....... I can't help much on loading data. You may wish to look at 7mm-300 Win Mag, I haven't looked but there is probably several of the out there, starting loads and back down from there.

I shoot an improved 300 RUM necked down to 270 out of a 3 groove Lilja 30" with something like a 7 twist, I think. Is made for heavier bullets. In the 160 to 195 grain range.

I have to be careful because of case capacity, shoulder angle and caliber that the powder doesn't bridge. Thus for the heavier bullets, 150 grains and up only ball powder is used. US-869 being preferred.

With the 140 Nosler Accubonds 89 grains of IMR 7828 puts it well over 3600 MV with great accuracy. I don't shot any of the Barnes as I haven't been able to get the accuracy of the sepciality or Nosler bullets. Bergers, because they seem to be designed for less than 3300 fps haven't worked out either.

Sorry, I couldn't be of more help.

Have fun and let us know how she goes.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.