264 win mag H1000 140 ELDM load data wanted

lamiglas

I am getting ready to begin load development on a 264 win mag. It has 26 inch hart barrel, 8 twist. I am looking to load the Hornady 140 ELDM, H1000 and a CCI 250. I have seen the data put out by Hornady but would love to see any loads you all have found to be successful. I wouldn't mind seeing some H1000 and 140 vld data as well. I fully understand the start low and work up MO but would like to see where you guys are ending up. Thanks

Sorry, can't help with the 140ELDM, have ONLY used 142gr ABLR or Berger 140gr Hybrids.
My loads with H1000 were within a grain of each other with those 2 bullets...70 & 69gr.

Most of my loads in this cartridge are with RETUMBO & RE33 these days.

Cheers.

From Hodgdon's website.
upload_2019-12-6_20-11-29.png

upload_2019-12-6_20-11-29.jpeg

idcwby

For velocity, I've been having good luck with RL33 in my 264 Win. Something you may look into.

idcwby

Retumbo is what I found really makes my 264 Win mag really do it's thing. Mine only has a 9" twist so I decided to go with the 130 Nos. Accubond. Out of the 27 3/4" Shilen barrel it averages 3350 fps with sub MOA accuracy. Really SMOKES deer waaaaaaaaaaay across a bean field.

I am not opposed to trying other powders but due to what I have on hand I am hoping H1000 works out!

I should have added the fact my chambers are cut with long throats to suit seating way out there on all but one of my 264's.
My Model 70 EW is set up with a shorter mag (3.4") opposed to my Rem 700's that run long mags (3.7")
The Model 70 runs a few grains lighter in powder charge than the others.

Cheers.

H-1000 isn't a terrible powder choice. It is extremely stable. Case fill ratio is decent. I used to use it in a couple of my 264win.

If you are running a factory chambered rifle with a 9 twist I'd go straight to a 130 Berger AR Hybrid OTM. It isn't picky about seating depth at all and is super easy to tune. You should have no trouble safely getting to 3,150 FPS, full stability, and flatter inside reasonable hunting ranges.
A few years ago H-1000 was difficult to get and I moved to different powders and found superior performance, plentiful supply and no valid reason to go back.

On an important aside, after looking at my old reloading notes NONE of my rifles with SAAMI chambers made it safely above 63.0g of H1000 and 3,140 fps with any 140g bullet. It is widely accepted that 264win data is pretty conservative, but it isn't unreasonable.

Thanks guys.. keep em coming! I use H1000 in several rifles used for long range work and have grown to love it for its temp stability and ease of use. A big plus is that it is just about always available locally and I already have a bunch designated for this rifle. What caused me to post this question is that I have been paying attention to people posting loads/ velocities over the last few years and have been impressed, and now that I am getting ready to begin I found the mfg's data available seemed really low!