6.5 creedmoor 140 eldm load data

cajun

Looking at online data there is a pretty big spread in the data. Hornady doesn't list much data online but Nosler and Hogdon are several grains difference in max with the same powders. I have h4350, Reloader 17 and IMR 4350 to start. may try some reloader 16 as well.

It's not uncommon to see grain differences between manuals. I like to use a chronograph and load one round .3. Grains apart and look for a flat spot . Then load 3-5 rounds and check my extreme spread for the node. Both 6.5 guys and Sierra have articles on load development using similar techniques. It saves me time, barrel life, and components. Lots of ways to do it. Watch for pressure signs.

Berger and Sierra both list data for 140 grain projectiles online. H4350 and rl-17 both work well for me. My rl-17 charge is 42 grains which is under max according to berger, my h4350 charge is a hair over max at 42 as well. The old load data on the hornady all box with a 140 was 41.5 grains of h4350.

It's not uncommon to see grain differences between manuals. I like to use a chronograph and load one round .3. Grains apart and look for a flat spot . Then load 3-5 rounds and check my extreme spread for the node. Both 6.5 guys and Sierra have articles on load development using similar techniques. It saves me time, barrel life, and components. Lots of ways to do it. Watch for pressure signs.

This is how I normaly work up a load as well. Starting doung it during the great component shortage. I usually look for a cluster of vertical impacts and go from there.

If you're an ocw guy, the load will come in around 42.0 grains of h4350 with the 140, 41.8 with a 143, and 41.1 with a 147. All with a CCI 200 or a BR2 in Hornady brass.

I was in bass pro and looked through an open Hornady book. Superformance listed as the fastest powder. Have not had any luck getting superformance factory ammo to shoot well but may pick a pound to play with.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.