6.5 creedmoor load data

signals678

Alright I have a buddy that just purchased a new 6.5 creedmoor would like to know about some load data for it

.anything will help, this is shooting like garbage

Alright I have a buddy that just purchased a new 6.5 creedmoor would like to know about some load data for it

.anything will help, this is shooting like garbage

What does he have for a set up and what loads is he using now? For the Creedmoor, H4350 powder is probably the standard that everyone uses. While i do have good luck with H4350, my go to powder is Rl-17. I get better accuracy and velocity than with H4350. I highly recommend the 140 A-max for a good all around target/ deer hunting bullet. My pet load out of my Ruger Hawkeye Predator hunter is 43.5 grains of Rl-17 at 2880 fps. I'm getting 1/2 moa with them. This is a hot load so i dont suggest loading this without working up to it.

If max velocity is all you want, the specific powder you choose is irrelevant. I've Pressure Traced just about every appropriate powder, for the 140gr bullets. They are all close enough velocity-wise as to call them identical.
Last Christmas in a chamber cook test, Superformance was more stable than H4350.

If you want load data, buy some manuals. "This is shooting like garbage" doesn't tell us anything. We can guess all day long and still not know what does or doesn't work; or what has been tried.

If max velocity is all you want, the specific powder you choose is irrelevant. I've Pressure Traced just about every appropriate powder, for the 140gr bullets. They are all close enough velocity-wise as to call them identical.
Last Christmas in a chamber cook test, Superformance was more stable than H4350.

If you want load data, buy some manuals. "This is shooting like garbage" doesn't tell us anything. We can guess all day long and still not know what does or doesn't work; or what has been tried.

Im not looking for max velocity, im just listing what ive found to be most accurate with the given velocity. My gun shoots tighter groups when loaded alittle hotter. I will agree about the reloading manuals. Get a couple different manuals and compare. Also, you can go on Nosers web site and they list load data for the Creedmoor with all the different bullet weights they have.

I have two, a Cooper and a Ruger American Predator. Both guns shoot lights out with 140 A-Max and 41.5 gr of H4350 and a Fed 210 match primer. Sometimes faster isn't better. I have tried running them hotter but they both shoot in the 2's and 3's when I do my part and I don't think a critter can tell 150 to 200 fps, as long as you shoot your data and dial it right. good luck with your project.

I've had good accuracy with 123 gr. Hornady SST, Sierra 123 gr. Matchking bullets and Rel. 15 powder. 3 shot group, one jagged hole. That's out of a stock Savage model 11 rifle. Found the load data on Noslers web site for the 123 gr bullet.

42.5 H4350, 123 gr. SST. Federal match large rifle. MV is 2740 out of a 22'' barrel. less then 1/2 MOA, the best its shot was 1/2 MOA at 600 yrds.

I shoot the ABLRs .07 to .1" off the lands.

Attachments

• 71024.jpg
    71024.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 843
  • 71003.jpg
    71003.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 749
42-42.5gr H4350 with the 140s (amax or Berger), and around 43.5gr with a 130 Berger. A couple things I've noticed with mine are that they seem to shoot better with less neck tension. I run .001-.002 to get the best accuracy. It still shot under 1/2moa with more neck tension, but got to ragged hole when I went with less.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.