257 Blackbird (257/7 blaser)

Bghunter338

Hey guy's, any one else build one of these when blackjack was in business? I got a sample pack of 15 125gr hhs to try beings I have a 7.5 twist barrel. I've been using the 121gr hhs with 7828, but didn't know if there was a better powder to try and if anyone else has tried them in there's? Thanks in advance.

Hey guy's, any one else build one of these when blackjack was in business? I got a sample pack of 15 125gr hhs to try beings I have a 7.5 twist barrel. I've been using the 121gr hhs with 7828, but didn't know if there was a better powder to try and if anyone else has tried them in there's? Thanks in advance.
Look in hammer hunter load data or Hammer HHT Load data on this forum. Not much data yet on HHTs, but plenty on Hammer Hunters. You can find similar capacity cases and go from there. Please post your results on Share Your Hammer Load Data.
Thanks.

I was going to--but since the 7PRC came out--I'm going that direction
I here ya there, I think it was bad timing on my part. I wanted to build one so bad I couldn't wait lol 😂 now look 2 years down the road and you can't get brass anymore. I think I have enough to burn this barrel out if I keep them reasonable. Then I'm going to either do what your doing or go the saum route.

Screw Blackjack.

Again I think someone that could have made a business work--but was not committed. I have been a small businessman most of my days--the effort it required--most do not have the stomach for it. Everyone wants to make money and pay out by year 1or 2 and it's more like year 4-or 5.

Shameful as success eats a lot of capital and you have to be willing to either go get financial help--or sell equity or take on partners.

Anyway fast twisted 25 is a great idea...I'm going to have WTO do we a 25-7PRC this fall.

Ed

Lazzeroni already has the rights on the 6.71 (.264) Blackbird.

When the person that owned the Blackjack name mentioned naming the 7mm Blaser necked to 25 caliber on another forum, I brought this point up with them.

But they had ghosted by that time.

As far as running the Blackjack business.
Who knows what happened?
Was during the Great Shortage that Sierra (who made the 131gr Ace for Blackjack) was saying, along with others that they could not get jackets.

Was there a health issue?
Divorce?
Any number of other issues could have arisen.

I'm a 25-06 and 257 AI person both with 26 inch barrels. Reloader 26 is first choice. Then MagPro, ramshot magnum. I use Superformance for 100's and 87's.

I agree with the above post on looking at rounds with similar case volumes. I have owned Wildcats that had NO load data and had to figure it all out on my own. I use the slowest powders for all calibers.

Well I tried the vv n560 with the 125s.
Hit pressure at 62grs.
received_180137904862449.jpeg

Then I shot some of the 145gr blackholes with retumbo. Ended up hitting pressure at 66.6grns and 3201fps.
20230708_114054.jpg
20230708_110249.jpg

Thank you, I thought maybe I should try a slower powder but then I realized it's kicking the butt of a 6.5prc and there a great elk round lol.

IMO You don't need or want mag primers in such a tiny case. Secondly that powder being so fast must be creating terrific pressure to get those speeds with a 125 heavy for the cal bullet. I was wondering if Hammer bullets were made of softer copper and keep the pressure down? Where Barnes all copper bullets tend to use less powder than similar weight bullets