.257 rob

Lrreloader

Want to open up this topic for discussion:

110 gr. Nosler accubond vs barnes 100gr

Target species: whitetail

I'm sure it's a close enough not to make a difference conversation, just looking for some real in field experience.

I recently got a kimber classic I want to load up for a woods gun for deer under 200 yards

I have a 26 inch 257rob AI. I have found that heavy for the caliber bullets cause pass through with little or no expansion. So I use 100 gr for mule deer hunting. For powders I use Superformance and StaBall 6.5

I'm sure it's a close enough not to make a difference conversation, just looking for some real in field experience.

I recently got a kimber classic I want to load up for a woods gun for deer under 200 yards
I don't have any experience with the 110 Accubond ( I shoot a lot of Accubonds in different calibers but have not had access to the 110's when I have been restocking bullets) my two cents says load up the Barnes 80 grain TSSX- it has served me well in my 250 AI guns on antelope and feral hogs, I can tell you with frontal skeletal shots they are DRT, and I have taken plenty with this bullet. I have also taken Aoudad sheep at 400 yards plus with the 257 BOB with 100 gr Nosler Ballistic tips- heck they all work when placed properly at reasonable ranges.

Yeah I know with the smaller caliber placement is everything! I have always wanted a 257 rob since father has one in a rem 700 mt gun. So I came across a nice kimber classic that will work for a light handling woods gun, I have a leupold varix3i 2.5-8x36 I will place on top to keep it slim and light.

Original owner kept scope in pic but the one I have will fit a little slimmer
IMG_0175.jpeg

That rifle is awesome! Have seen great performance out of the 110 AB on deer out of a 25-06. Great bullet. But like previously mentioned, can be hard to find. I am using the 117gr Sierra with H4350 out of my Bob.

That rifle is awesome! Have seen great performance out of the 110 AB on deer out of a 25-06. Great bullet. But like previously mentioned, can be hard to find. I am using the 117gr Sierra with H4350 out of my Bob.
I have some but limited quantity, im afraid it will like the accubonds and then I will be chasing unicorn ls trying to find them, I have quite a few barnes. Also thinking about sierras tipped gamekings

Yeah got plans for it in the mountains at a new cabin I joined, not to much undergrowth as long as I don't fall on the steeper sides

The last .257 Roberts I owned was a Remington M700 classic, a great little combo, I clowned a Blacktail in the Cascades range, across a canyon at a good 400 yards with a 100gr Nosler BT, that was my longest, (most the other four with that rifle over the years) were in that 200 plus-minus yard range. I kinda wish I'd pushed it into a .257 AI good friend had one that was amazing, it's kinda what pushed me up to the .257 Wby mag... that love affair went on for the rest of my life in .25 caliber. Good luck... Cheers.

The last .257 Roberts I owned was a Remington M700 classic, a great little combo, I clowned a Blacktail in the Cascades range, across a canyon at a good 400 yards with a 100gr Nosler BT, that was my longest, (most the other four with that rifle over the years) were in that 200 plus-minus yard range. I kinda wish I'd pushed it into a .257 AI good friend had one that was amazing, it's kinda what pushed me up to the .257 Wby mag... that love affair went on for the rest of my life in .25 caliber. Good luck... Cheers.
I regrettably sold a b.n.i.b remington lss in 257 weatherby not to long ago... but I'm happy with the kimber

Recent Posts