257 Roberts

Nomad

Going deer hunting in open country will be using a 257 Roberts Improved.
Cannot find any load data for the Roberts Improved, this is not a AI model
an Ruger M77 model.....
Any information would be helpful....

Hope this helps...

257 Roberts Ackley Improved — Nosler

If you scroll down it goes from 85gr to 120gr bullets.

You should give the Nosler 110 Accubonds a shot. They are awesome for whitetails out of my .257 Wby Mag.

It shows that 49.5gr of Alliant Reloder 19 (RL19) with the 110gr Accubond will net you close to 3,044 fps if your gun is similar to their's.

Also, the Berger 115 VLD's shoot great. You might have to email Ryan over at Berger for that info, though...

Going deer hunting in open country will be using a 257 Roberts Improved.
Cannot find any load data for the Roberts Improved, this is not a AI model
an Ruger M77 model.....
Any information would be helpful....

Accurate has the 40 degree case data in their manual. The case capacity is close enough to the 28 degree improved case that I'd say data is interchangeable
gary

My Hornady manual has data for the 28 deg improved case, I'll check when I get home. I had very good luck with the 117gr SST on whitetail. But any 100-120gr bullets should do the job.

I hope you can see the pictures I tried taking a pic from my phone to get you some of the load data for the 257 Improved out of the Hornady book. If you can not see them let me know and maybe i can shoot them to you in an email or something. or if you need a diff bullet size let me know ill do what I can.

Attachments

• 120 data.jpg
    120 data.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 126
  • 117 data.jpg
    117 data.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 201
Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.