257 Robert's

Bghunter338

I have this rifle that's been the hardest rifle that I have ever loaded for. Now I'm thinking maybe it's a brass issue. What's the best brass out there for the Robert's?

Here is what I used when doing load development on my Bob: https://www.lg-outdoors.com/Product/Details/1111833?source=A10001

In stock...but not cheap.

I had a Ruger M77 that absolutely would not group under 2". Ended up having a Bartlein screwed on, trigger work, bedded, etc. Got 115gr Partitions shooting about 3/4". Gave the rifle to my brother who had shoulder surgery and needed a light recoil for deer hunting.

Good luck :)

Last edited:
Years ago I picked up a bunch of R-P once fired, primed brass for my Ruger #1. Still working through them. Wanted a easy shooting rifle for the grandkids future. 87 grainer Game Kings over Varget. Easy one inch. 100 Grainers shoot well also. Oldest started hunting with it this year. Good luck.

Finding 257 Roberts brass has always been hard to find for me too. A person can use 7x57 Mauser brass if you could find some. FL resize it in a 260 Rem die then a 257 Roberts die and check neck thickness. When done sizing down the necks will probably need to be turned about 12 thousands due to the necks becoming thick .I do this for my 257 AI from Norma brass. It's a lot of work but at least a guy will have something to shoot. Also the brass should be annealed with all this work being done.

Finding 257 Roberts brass has always been hard to find for me too. A person can use 7x57 Mauser brass if you could find some. FL resize it in a 260 Rem die then a 257 Roberts die and check neck thickness. When done sizing down the necks will probably need to be turned about 12 thousands due to the necks becoming thick .I do this for my 257 AI from Norma brass. It's a lot of work but at least a guy will have something to shoot. Also the brass should be annealed with all this work being done.
Thank you, I like Norma brass

Norma actually make factory 100 grain SP ammo in 257 Robert's. Or at least it is still available here in NZ.
20221214_101030.jpg