257 __________ ? name this wildcat

Love getting these pics sent to my inbox.

This kid has been shooting tiny groups and laying down the law with his 25 Creed.

upload_2019-3-6_20-16-22.png

Not sure on that. I don't worry about Quickload too much but I can run the numbers when I have more time. I'd except a grain or two more powder would be all that's needed or practical.
Can't wait for these to drop. I'd like to shoot a few critters with them. Though the Ace preformed very good on the one deer I shot.

Yes sir. We have about 75,000 left and another 1/4 million coming in the mail.
Yeah, I'm not much for using puns; but it would be like buying a pig in a poke without dimensional specifications that I have to buy a barrel and reamer for. There may be some of your customers that have their own ideas of designing barrel parameters that may be different than yours.

Yeah, I'm not much for using puns; but it would be like buying a pig in a poke without dimensional specifications that I have to buy a barrel and reamer for. There may be some of your customers that have their own ideas of designing barrel parameters that may be different than yours.
Understandable.

We sell sample packs for guys that want to setup reamers. I never intended to sell packs of 1 or 5 or 20 bullets but we get tons of requests for bullet dimensions.

The best way for us to avoid confusion with folks is for them to grab a 5 pack and setup their business.

Understandable.

We sell sample packs for guys that want to setup reamers. I never intended to sell packs of 1 or 5 or 20 bullets but we get tons of requests for bullet dimensions.

The best way for us to avoid confusion with folks is for them to grab a 5 pack and setup their business.
Thank you.

Getting back to the 25 Souper and 25 Durham Jet mentioned in post #199. Since the Jet has a 40 degree shoulder whereas the Souper has 30 degrees, would not the Jet be a better option?

Also I could use some education in case design. I understand steeper angles keep the case from stretching as much. Also I understand long necks can reduce throat erosion in overbore conditions. I assume the goal of designing any short action cases is getting in as much powder as possible to get the speed out of a heavy bullet without having to seat the bullet too deep as when using Blackjack bullets. And to avoid the barrel short life of cartridges like the WSSM.

So I guess my question regarding case design is what is the most critical design point regardless of what caliber is being used? I look at all the various wildcats in the Handloader's Manual of Cartridge Conversions and wonder why some failed that seem to spec out good in my novice opinion. At one time I was going to rebarrel my shot out 6BR but never could decided what variant I wanted to use.

Last edited: