.25 cal 131g .330G7 bullet from Blackjack Bullets for you to drool on ...

IMG_2123.JPG

I've been sitting on a 257 PRC reamer print since these bullets came out but I'm just not convinced that's fast enough for what I want. The 25 Nosler crossed my mind too, but my opinion of Nosler brass is right there with everybody else's opinion of Hornady's brass.

What about doing a 25-300 RUM and use ADG brass. Great brass and should give you plenty of speed with those 131's.

I would be afraid of powder bridging unless using ultra slow ball powders...
I agree with what you're saying, but folks have been shooting the .257 Hot Tamale (.257 STW) and .257x300 Wby Mag for decades. They're overbore as hell, and I have no desire to own one, because barrels and smith fees cost money... But, just pointing out folks been doing it for 30+ years. Not sure what powder would be best for keeping pressures tamed in something like that, and to prevent bridging... Maybe US 869?

Friend of mine has a 25 STW. Had problems with powder bridging. Going off memory I think he had good results with Ramshot magnum. He hasn't shot it for years. So hopefully my memory is right.

What about doing a 25-300 RUM and use ADG brass. Great brass and should give you plenty of speed with those 131's.

I thought about going that route while forming 6.5 Badger (6.5x338 RUM improved) cases the other day, just neck down some 6.5 Badgers to 25 and call it good. The problem is that it's already hard enough to find a powder slow enough to really take advantage of an overbore 6.5, going 257 would be even worse. A max charge of US869 still leaves a lot of dead space in a case!

I would be afraid of powder bridging unless using ultra slow ball powders...
It could be a problem with some of the really long extruded powders. It's a couple of steps up in bore diameter, but I shot H50BMG in a 270 RUM without any issues. Similar stick powders in the 6.5x338 RUM improved with a 40° shoulder caused problems though.

Swamplord...can you put a piece of 25-06 brass next to that 25 Nosler for comparison? Haha that thing looks ridiculously fun!

I'll tinker around and do some other ones for a visual comparison ...

BTW, Kirby is doing the 25 Stalker off the 300 Norma Mag

New factory fresh 26 Nosler and 6.5 PRC brass with a simple neck down to 25 cal with one bushing, I'm not doing either of these, figured some fellas were thinking of doing this and gave them some eye candy
I was fixing to say... Better go ahead and order about 5 barrel blanks for that .257 Nosler wildcat. The .26 Nosler is already 500-600 round barrel life, I can only imagine a faster and smaller diameter bullet in the same case. :D