Blackjack Bullets, No Longer??

Anecdotal:

based on personal observation, case study reports, or random investigations rather than systematic scientific evaluation: anecdotal evidence.

This type of communication occurs frequently in most forums. It's not wrong, it's just what we say and how we say it without documentation or collateral backup. We all do it, yes even me.:oops:;)

However, nowadays, it appears more frequently that the division between supporting information and denying the information comes into that proverbial 50/50 division. Oh well.

I've been testing and hunting with all three, 131 ACE, 133/135 Berger in a variety of cartridges from 25 WSSM, .250 Savage Imp. up to and including .257 Weatherby. Most testing was done on hogs which are plentiful. In dozens of excursions, I have never had a pencil through shot. All bullets performed and the hogs died without shoulder shots. All were shot using suppressed rifles.

We all pick the parameters we believe fit our style and desires. Mine have functioned down to 1,800 fps which is as far as I'll run them. Different strokes for different folks.:)

Enjoy!

:)
Have you seen either one of the Berger bullets perform better than the other as far as terminal performance on animals goes?

Not really, although I haven't done any scientific research to prove or disprove. I've have had one or the other open up a little more but this can be attributed to muscle mass, bones, or even some hydraulic pressure on the tip. The tips can be a small cause of differences when they fill up initially... This is all on hogs, no other specie.

:)

Well glad you guys have had better success than my friend. Idk if he cleaned tips, they did okay on structural impacts aka shoulder. But vitals showed little. All these were between 2300-1900fps impact vo.

Frazzle Frackin'
i plan on shooting some around 3200 soon.
Gonna play all summer and try them on deer in the fall.
Hope they perform adequately