.25 cal 131g .330G7 bullet from Blackjack Bullets for you to drool on ...

Hey Miles, if you want to send me another couple of the 131 bullets, I can make you a couple dummy rounds for the .25-06 AI, and can send it back to you, so you can send to your reamer guys for specs.

Just let me know if you're interested.

Also, what color tip are yall going with? Hunter/target orange would look really cool.

Last edited:
Yes we have two similar revisions for it and it is approved as a project but as of yet no tooling has been ordered for the HTR (bullet #2).

Once we get all orders shipped and caught up in general we will make up our minds. It will have the new generation plastic tip that the Game Changers have, so it will be very apparent when you start seeing heavy 257s with that tip.
I like the idea of a plastic tip for reliable expansion.

I wish you would show the bullet specs in the same format Berger uses.

I wish every bullet maker would do that.
What format is that? Are you referring to their bullet box or their website?

In the format of the Berger website - with more specific info added:
131 grain ACE - 0.645 G1 BC (although it's not a G1 type of bullet) - 0.330 G7 at 2940 fps / 0.333 G7 at 3140 fps - G7 Form Factor (will update) - Minimum Twist 1:7.25" for cartridges under 3100 fps / 1:7.75" twist over 3100 fps - OAL 1.414"

If you have specific questions please let me know.

If you have seen the news on FB, the 131 ACE's are shooting great. One fella is getting 2930 fps out of his 22" snub nose 25 Creedmoor. Had another guy call in today to tell me the reported BC was low and should be raised but we are using the 0.330 G7 BC from our testing over the Oehler 88 since we have found it to be spot on in different conditions out of our 1:7 and 1:7.75" twist barrels. Of course we expect minor variation due to different barrels and different twist rates and a myriad of other equipment variances that will affect an individual's dope.

The other great news is the bullets are extremely consistent. : )

The velocity on that short barrel is very encouraging! Any chance you can get Proof on board for a carbon blank option? An 18-20" hunting barrel would be sweet!

The velocity on that short barrel is very encouraging! Any chance you can get Proof on board for a carbon blank option? An 18-20" hunting barrel would be sweet!

I have discussed it with them but the quantities we would have to order are more $$$ than I can justify at this point. There are guys that really want Proof barrels but the #'s of what I can actually sell vs what I have to purchase are too different.

I have worked out details with another CF mfg and may pull the trigger. If revenue jumps up very well or we can get a strong commitment list going, Proof would be back on the table.

I don't know about anything under 24-26", but I would love to see a PR carbon option for a LW LR hunting rifle in .25-06 AI.

That all makes sense...patience on ramping up is smart. Get some return on investment and then see how things are looking. Thanks!!

That all makes sense...patience on ramping up is smart. Get some return on investment and then see how things are looking. Thanks!!

Believe me, if I had the coin laying around and just enough interested parties to justify it I would pull the trigger lol bc I want one too!

I got the e-mail alerting me to the fact that my barrel and bullets have shipped Yea!:D I will have two barrels and enough bullets to test two cartridges from 100 to 1,200 yards. Fortunately, winter down here is fairly mild so I won't lose any time to snow and cold.;):cool:

Believe me, if I had the coin laying around and just enough interested parties to justify it I would pull the trigger lol bc I want one too!

Did you check with CarbonSix or Helix6 Precision about having barrels made? I know Proof has a strong following, but the last couple Proof barrels I've had experience with were "soft" and got shot out much faster than they should have. Even the smiths cutting the chambers mentioned that they machined differently.

Fastest twist proof makes for .257 is 1&10. They need a minimum order of 10 barrels to make an 7 or 8 twist. I'm working with evolved ballistics right now, they are the biggest proof dealer. If they can find enough guys that want a carbon 8 twist barrel they can get it done. If any one is interested pm me asap. If this happens soon the barrels will be done in January.

Also spoke with carbon six fastest twist they make in .257 is a 9. They told me if I wanted an 7 or 8 I would have to get in touch with McGowen directly and might possibly have to buy them button to make these barrels but I haven't spoke with them yet.

Really hoping the proof deal works out right now as I've had good experiences with their barrels and rifles.

Recent Posts