.25 cal 131g .330G7 bullet from Blackjack Bullets for you to drool on ...

Until you examine Stan Ware's short neck benchrest cartridge, The Wolfpup. As with most most dichotomies, there are exceptions to any rule somebody wants to make.

stanpup05x600.jpg

stanpup06x350.jpg

http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com...al-short-necked-wolfpup-for-hunter-benchrest/
I wouldn't use that based on its ugly looks alone. For hunting with heavy kicking cartridges, bullet movement under recoil would be problematic unless they were solvent cleaned and super-glued into the case neck.

Benchrest is unrelated to LRH in this example, IMO. But it's a nice pic.

Any benefits Stan Ware experiences from this cartridge don't relate to my use and needs. Which leads back to caliber length seems the happy compromise for LRH.

Also, 45.3gr H2O capacity would leave the bullet lodged in my bore. Maybe not quite...

GOOD NEWS! GREAT NEWS ACTUALLY!

We received a pallet of 131 gr ACE bullets Friday and I am packing all bullet back-orders right now. : )

Tomorrow all bullet orders and guys who have order Bartleins, X-Caliber, and Rock Creeks will have their orders completely fulfilled.

The Lilja blanks will be here Thursday and the Kriegers will be a few more weeks.

We still have a couple 25x47 and 25 Creedmoor reamers available.

Can't wait to see you guys shooting these soon!.

My partner is out shooting a Finale Match today but I'm here counting and packing bullets! Can't wait to get out and shoot and go hunting too.

As a side note, from our measurements these bullets are premium quality and were quite a bit more consistent than 3 of the brands on our shelves and nearly identical in consistency with one specific brand.

My partner's barrel is still speeding up a little and he's running the 25x47 in the mid 2900's with zero pressure issues. Not too shabby!

There's still some Bartlein's available and we have plenty of X-Calibers to go around! Liljas will be here Thursday and we have some of those available too and some hunting contours too.

tractor.jpg

pallet.jpg

blanks.jpg

group.jpg

bullets 131s.jpg

Last edited:
Any initial ideas or goals for the hunting bullet?
Yes we have two similar revisions for it and it is approved as a project but as of yet no tooling has been ordered for the HTR (bullet #2).

Once we get all orders shipped and caught up in general we will make up our minds. It will have the new generation plastic tip that the Game Changers have, so it will be very apparent when you start seeing heavy 257s with that tip.

My partner sold 7,000 bullets tonight at a match and a couple of barrels : ) - he said the 25x47 was shooting great and the range he was shooting on frequently demands a lot of 1000-1400 yard shots.

Recent Posts