25-06

reking ball

Hi, i was just wondering if i should buy a savage edge stainless xp with a 22" barrel for $469.00 and comes with a scope or a thompson centre venture with a 24" barrel for $450.00 with no scope. What do you suggest for a 25-06?
gun)

Between the two I would get the T/C venture. It has a 24" barrel and is a pretty good rifle. I sighted in a 270 for a fellow and it shot really well and the trigger was very good out of the box and the bolt is as slick as butter. Another heads up. The scopes that come on those package deals are almost worse than no scope at all.

+1 with above post, most of the scopes that I have seen on the Savage package deals are low quality at best. Now don't get me wrong, I am a Savage fan, I love their rifles but the "package" deals don't meet my criteria for a "quality scope".

Thanks RT2506, my bro said the same thing but i really like the savage and the TC so i am still diciding and i no the scopes arent good at all but i will get money later for a better one, so those willl have to do for now.

The T/C is a much better rifle. The Savage Edge has A LOT of plastic parts. For a good scope on a budget the Bushnell 3200 is really hard to beat.

The Thompson Center without question! Why? Here's why.

1 The TC is guaranteed MOA.
2 The TC has a 24 Inch Barrel. The 25-06 needs the extra two inches of barrel to utilize the slow burning powders that it is loaded with to achieve standard velocities.
3 The Savage Edge is now the Savage Axis. Why the sudden name change? I don't know, but in my simple mind if a company reintroduces a product shortly after it has come out with a different name the original was not good enough.
4 Rifle package deals are usually mounted with a lower quality optic to save costs.

I hope this helps, for me the decision would be obvious in favor of the TC.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts