25-06 vs 25-06AI

I have seen you post about your 6.5 Sherman. What is a 6.5 Sherman? I have looked for info and can only find your posts. Thanks

It's a round I developed and as of right now , it's the only one out there. It is based on a blown out .270 case which allows for more case capacity than an '06 case while still maintaining a good neck. The Gibbs is a great case, but suffers from a too short neck (in my opinion) My case holds about 75.5 grs. It has great case life, because of the minimal taper and sharp 40 degree shoulder angle. i.e. it doesn't stretch easily so doesn't require much trimming. At 3150' with 140 gr. bullets out of a 26" barrel, I can get 15 loads out of a case. I have launched 140's at 3200+, but primer pockets get loose after 2 or 3 firings. I am currently building a 300 on the same case which should easily get 3100+ with one of my 190 gr. bullets out of a 28" barrel.........Rich

Like I said earlier, I personally would defer all questions to Nitroused383 as he has "been there, done that" reference this cartridge; and didn't forget to write it all down.

Isn't a 383 a .060 over 350ci block with a 400 crank...or is that a 377? Maybe I got it backwards, 060 over 400 block with a 350 crank. It's been awhile and quite a few hobbies ago.
383 is a .030 over piston , 3.75" crank, and 6" rod for a rod/stroke ratio of 1.6/1. Usually a 1.325" Compression height piston would be used with a .046"to .051" head gasket used depending upon connecting rod material and stretch.

You dug up an almost decade old thread to clarify something not even related to the actual thread?
Sorry, I didn't look at the date. I just gave an answer to a question. It was meant to be as knowledgeable and comedic as the question was. Please accept my apologies, and I pray you don't get your panties in a bunch, again. Thank you, Sir.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.