.243 bullet weight 100 or 110 gr.

I use a Hornady 100gr BTSP loaded to 3000fps. I use either Accurate Magnum Rifle powder(discontinued) or H4831SC with groups around 1/2" out of my Rem 788 carbine with 18 1/2" bbl. Never had one get away with it. My dad used Hornady 87gr BTHP and knocked down a few deer with it. I use a .308 Model Seven now with Barnes bullets which I swear by for hunting. I have 90gr X bullets I'm loading for my daughter to hunt with. These things expand and penetrate. Good luck

I use the 100 gr. Nosler Partition in my 6mm Remington at 3100 fps and it kills very well close and far! The 95 gr Partition would be another one worth trying as would a 90 gr. Nosler E-tip or the new 90 gr. Nosler Accubond. My son shoots the 90 gr. E-tip in his 6mm Remington and has taken several deer and antelope with it as well as a large cow elk last fall. She took one shot, went 25 yards and dropped. Yes it's light for elk, but placement and a great bullet make it perform larger than it is. I'd stay with 90 gr. bullets on up. Good luck.
David

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.