224 valkyrie

Gingerjackwagon

Hello guys first post here, does anyone have any experience with the 224 valkyrie, as I'm looking into building an upper, but am having doubts on being able to get good seating depth etc. when using an AR platform. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hello guys first post here, does anyone have any experience with the 224 valkyrie, as I'm looking into building an upper, but am having doubts on being able to get good seating depth etc. when using an AR platform. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

Welcome to LRH and enjoy! If you do not get the information you need from here, try https://www.facebook.com/groups/766333240175235/

Good luck!

Ed

I do not have a whole lot to add, but I was in the same boat as you. I couldn't decide between the 22 Nosler or 224 Valkyrie. Everything I have seen an read ammo wont be out till February time frame, and then it will take some time before us regular fokes can get our hands on it. I decided to go with the 22 Nosler because i can shoot it now, but will play the 224 by ear. I can see me having two uppers in the next year.

I do not have a whole lot to add, but I was in the same boat as you. I couldn't decide between the 22 Nosler or 224 Valkyrie. Everything I have seen an read ammo wont be out till February time frame, and then it will take some time before us regular fokes can get our hands on it. I decided to go with the 22 Nosler because i can shoot it now, but will play the 224 by ear. I can see me having two uppers in the next year.
Have you built an upper yet as I was actually thinking about the actual gain of the 22 nosler vs a 223 rem. with a 24" barrel.

I have not yet no, Ballistic Advantage barrel should be here next week though, and its a 24 inch. I am curious to see with the additional 25% case capacity that the nosler has over the 223 how much improved it will be.

Have you built an upper yet as I was actually thinking about the actual gain of the 22 nosler vs a 223 rem. with a 24" barrel.

If you're considering the .22 Nosler, you might want to check out the .22 Hellcat too. There are information on the link I provided on my first response.
14947919_1297196273656408_4692261336665268548_n.jpg

I missed this thread somehow....
As a handloader,
If the Valkyrie has a slightly larger case head the cases will be able to handle a little more pressure (?) But if Federal will be the only manufacturer of brass and if Nosler uses Norma brass than the case head thickness will be a wash.
Feenix, I'm going to have to do some instigating for info on the Hellcat! ;)
Anyway, keep us posted.

Ill have to admit since I posted the first time I have changed directions some. I sold the 22 Nosler barrel since I seen multiple people having issues with case life. I went ahead and put an order in for a 22-inch Bartlein in 224V. Have ammo on the way and the gun mostly ready!

That was fast. Were the primer pockets enlarged after a couple of loads?
I predicted that several months ago.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.