22 Creedmore

Settled on a 22 creed 1:12 off an old bsa donor rifle. Going 24" tube sendero profile. I'll get some chrono numbers with varget (2208) and 2209 from 40 grainers up to 80 grainers. I had some powderstacking in my 6-06 with 2209 at the top end of pressure, hopefully won't have the same issues.

Settled on a 22 creed 1:12 off an old bsa donor rifle. Going 24" tube sendero profile. I'll get some chrono numbers with varget (2208) and 2209 from 40 grainers up to 80 grainers. I had some powderstacking in my 6-06 with 2209 at the top end of pressure, hopefully won't have the same issues.
Am I looking at something wrong? 80 grain with a 1:12 ? My .22-250 wouldn't stabilize anything above 55 with a 1:14.

I am finishing up one in a 1-7 twist but I am planning on running 75 gr bullets and from everything I have read, I should be 3500+ fps.

I am finishing up one in a 1-7 twist but I am planning on running 75 gr bullets and from everything I have read, I should be 3500+ fps.
See, that sounds normal to me. I don't see how a 1:12 will stabilize an 80 grain. I single fed 90gr in a Colt 6920 and they shot good.

Anyone here shooting this Wildcat? I have a friend in Africa that hat gotten itnerested in it and wants me to get him started.

At first blush my thought was to call PT&G for a matching reamer and set of reloading dies but I don't even know if there's a standardized version of the round available or if they'd have the necessary data on file.

Suggestions and experience both welcome.
Have you looked at the 22-243 MiddleStead
I couldn't tell you, I haven't looked into the data for either. I suspect the 22-243 is around 300fps slower since the AI version with greater case capacity is a little slower than the .22CM.

I'm just investigating this for a friend in Africa. Mutual friends will be coming over in March and I'm supposed to get it all together for him by then.
Rose,
I've built 2 MiddleSteads and got some freaky fast numbers with unreal accuracy with monos cause that was the only thing I could get to stay in one piece all the way to the target

Your right, no way this will work with an 80 grain bullet. :(:confused:

Paul

www.boltfluting.com
I posted that, asking if there is something new that I don't know about. I had terrible luck with a 1:14 trying to go heavier than 55. My cousin has a .220 Swift with the same issue. So I'm definitely curious.

As far as speed, I don't see the Middlestead losing its crown. But it's always fun to watch :)

I built my 22 Creedmoor on a Remington 700 SA. It sits in an MDT LSS XL Gen2 chassis. 27.5" full bull 1/7 twist stainless barrel. Timney Elite trigger. NF base and rings. PST II 5-25 scope. Luth-AR buttstock and Chubby hand grip. I purpose built this rifle to shoot the heavy 224 bullets. So far I have had great luck with the Sierra 95gr MatchKings and the Hornady 88 ELD-Ms have also been fantastic. I'm pushing the 95s at a leisurely 3125FPS using H4831SC. The ballistics with this bullet are amazing, staying supersonic to beyond 1600 yards. I have only shot it to just under 1100 yards on steel at this point, but it's everything I hoped it would be. The rifle weighs 18.6 lbs and has almost zero recoil(I filled the buffer tube with lead to achieve a good balance). Not a "packing" rifle by any means but certainly a blast to shoot from a bench. I built a lighter version for my brother using a Sendero weight barrel in a 1/8 twist. His handles the 88 ELD-Ms just fine. The target picture is 95 SMKs at 100 yards.

My Rem700 22 Creedmoor 1.jpg My Rem700 22 Creedmoor 1.jpg My Rem700 22 creedmoor 3.jpg 22 creedmoor Group.jpg

Attachments

• My Rem700 22 Creedmoor 2.jpg
    My Rem700 22 Creedmoor 2.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 81
At creedmoor speeds, with 80-88gr bullets, is a 1:7 necessary? I have two barrels one is 1:8 other is 1:7 trying to figure which one I want to use for my 22cr build.

At creedmoor speeds, with 80-88gr bullets, is a 1:7 necessary? I have two barrels one is 1:8 other is 1:7 trying to figure which one I want to use for my 22cr build.
Might as well run the 1:7, worst case scenario someone comes up with a 90-95 that requires a 1:7 and your set

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.