22 Creedmore shooters,

Boatninja

I am ordering a 22Creedmore barrel this week for my next build, I am wondering what kind of bullet weight and twist are you guys are using? Also any comments about loads or just general thoughts of any kind?

I am still a month out on mine.
Pick the bullet weight class you want to shoot and then the twist.
I have a slow twist 220 Swift for the light bullets so for the 22 Creedmoor I ordered a 7 twist to shoot the 85.5 Berger, 88 ELD, and 90 A-Tip. The guys at Horizon like the 8 Twist for the 88 ELD ( they have a video explaining why).
Loads: there is a little info out there, looks like you will need to use R26/H1000 type of powder. I did Email Hodgdon about data for Staball6.5 but no reply yet. Brass is being made (some have lg or sm primer) by Hornady, Peterson, Alpha, and ADG you can also neck down Lapua 6mm Creedmoor
Dies: Hornady or Whidden are all i have seen so far.
Should be a pretty good coyote gun- I have been using the Swift and a 243 AI in bolt guns and a suppressed 6.5 Grendel gas gun.
There are a few threads on this link if you scroll:
http://forum.accurateshooter.com/forums/small-stuff-22s-20s-and-17s.8/

Last edited:
I shoot a 22-243 with 75g amax, same bullet as the eldm. My low is going 3500 with h4831sc. You could use 6.5 creedmoor Redding type s bushing die. You could load a 6.5, 25, 6, 22 creedmoor with this die just change the bushing. I use a 243win Redding types die for my 22-243 very accurate gun.

I went with a 1:7 to throw heavy for caliber monos from barnes and hammer
Rcbs match master dies
Adg brass
Large primer pocket
Have had good results with 4831 sc in 22-250ai so I'll start there. Half my shooting season is over 90* so rl26 is out.

From comments from various people Hornady and RCBS at the very least are making dies for them, I'm presuming they are making them cartridge specific. I think to start out with I am going with my Redding Match 6mm Creed die with bushing changed. What is the general consensus on seating die, will my 6mm die work without alterations?

I have shot Reloder 26 in the 22 Creedmoor for over 7 years and in temps well above 90F here in Texas with no issues. Of course I see folks running loads in 22 CM that pressure wise are very extreme and that definitely will give you surprises at high temperatures..... but that's with most all powders.

I have shot Reloder 26 in the 22 Creedmoor for over 7 years and in temps well above 90F here in Texas with no issues. Of course I see folks running loads in 22 CM that pressure wise are very extreme and that definitely will give you surprises at high temperatures..... but that's with most all powders.
If you don't mind me asking, what twist, barrel length and bullets are you running?

I am currently on my 2nd &3rd barrel all have been 1/8. First shot out was a 24 inch and now have a 21 &26 inch. I have shot from 69gr up to 90's but mostly 75 /80.5's But shot 100 88's and all have shot well.
For what I do(predators)the 75/80gr range seems like the sweet spot.
I tried pretty much all the suitable powders and there are a half dozen or so that will perform well. Noticed someone mentioned StaBall powder which might be another decent powder but if your looking for a Ball powder that performs well 4000MR is very good.
At one time I thought I wanted a 1/7 twist but for MY application it's too much of a good thing and thankfully I had others make that mistake so I could learn from it.

Last edited:
If you like donuts you will love those bushing dies. I have Whidden FL and Hornady dies both depending on whose 22 Creedmoor brass I am using. Right now I am working thru 1000 pieces of Peterson brass which should last a few more barrels.o_O

Alpha brass, h4350, F210M, 75gr ELDM is the ticket in my 8 twist rifle. Use whidden dies. Only caution is this Krieger barrel did speed up very quickly and required powder reduction sooner than expected. Stone cold killer. Love it.

1:8" twist with RL26 and Starline SR 6mm necked down with Whidden sizer (their seater die didn't work well for me and I've got several other sets from them that have been no problem), I use Rem 7 1/2 primers! Using Berger 75gr under 0.25moa at 3540! Has been death on coyotes.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.