22 Creedmore

WildRose

Anyone here shooting this Wildcat? I have a friend in Africa that hat gotten itnerested in it and wants me to get him started.

At first blush my thought was to call PT&G for a matching reamer and set of reloading dies but I don't even know if there's a standardized version of the round available or if they'd have the necessary data on file.

Suggestions and experience both welcome.

They should have the reamer as they made the one for my first 22 Creedmoor and that was 7 years ago and I am on my 2&3 barrels right now. I use it for coyote rifle but also killed quite a few Whitetails with it.
Check Horizon Firearms webpage or Facebook as they have a 22 Creedmoor page I believe and they have built a ton of them....in fact they took the 22 Creedmoor to Africa so that may be where he heard about it.
They are so common here in Texas that a friend called me and asked about a fast twist 220 Swift and when I suggested he look instead at the 22 Creedmoor his reply was " nah I want something different as everyone I know and their cousin has a 22 Creed":cool:

Yup. Everybodies sister in Texas and Oklahoma have one. JGS has multiple reamers and dies are available through any major die maker. Wilson and Whidden would be good choices. Goodluck!

Happy thanksgiving,
Joe S

It is standardized, and dies and brass are available from several sources. Basically, it is a 22-250AI but with a 30* shoulder and "slightly" less capacity. Although, I do like the small rifle primer availability to fire-form in my AI chamber.

With hornady having factory brass and dies, should we expect saami spec sooner than later?
I'm building 1 simply to stop fire forming 22250 ai brass.
Those of you running them I ordered adg brassx100.
Would Lapua 6mm creed be any better?

At first blush my thought was to call PT&G for a matching reamer and set of reloading dies but I don't even know if there's a standardized version of the round available or if they'd have the necessary data on file.

There is no SAAMI standard version of this cartridge...yet. It should get there eventually as it is extremely popular.

Like every reamer order in a non-SAAMI format, find out what bullets he wants to shoot and what type of magazine he wants to shoot from. Make a set of dummy cartridges to send to reamer maker of your choice. Sit back, relax and wait for the reamer to show up.

I shoot two different versions:

Long Range with both 95 gr. Sierra and 90 gr. Bergers over H-1000.

Varmints 69 gr. Sierra TMK over VVN-165.

Guys what velocity are you getting from 40/50 and 55 grain pills in your 22 creedmore? I'm thinking about a 1:10/12 twist for laser flat varminting.

Guys what velocity are you getting from 40/50 and 55 grain pills in your 22 creedmore? I'm thinking about a 1:10/12 twist for laser flat varminting.
You basically dealing with 22250ai/ 243 capacity so 4000-4300?
For a pure varmint cartridge really tough to beat a 22-250 for the 40-55grainers

I would rather have a fast twist .22-243 Middlestead.
Wildcats are fun until they arent haha
Being able to order load and shoot brass without any fireforming, neck turning etc. is a major selling point.
I just ordered my first 22 creed after 3x 22-250ai, a 22-6mm and a 22-243. All were fun, until they weren't. Barrel life on the 22-243 was shortest of the 3 and would have been better off as a regular old 243 with a fast twist for 105/115 grainers.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.