22 Creedmoor, Fur

I like 55 grain Sierra HPBT's in my 223 for fur . The way I have them loaded they run around 2900 fps mv . From 25 yards out 300 yards when I do my part and have the shot placement I should they don't exit on coyote . Fox and bob cats usually only have some small pieces of copper come out the off side and a couple of stiches will keep the holes from expanding when I put them up . I once did an experiment with a nice blue backed wide white bellied bob cat and left a hole the size of a soft ball in the side . The fur buyer offered me $ 25.00 for it . I took it home and soaked it in warm water in the bath tub till it was soft again turned it hide out and carefully sewed the hole closed stretched it again and took it back to the same buyer the next week he then paid me $125.00 for the same cat . That was in the 80's after the fur market crashed .

I ran the 80.5 Berger last Fall/Winter out of my new 22 Creedmoor. I will be using this combo from here on out. 50 yards to 550yards were outstanding. Like stated before, no exit to golfball sized exits. Right at 3300 FPS out of 20" barrel.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.