22-24 inch barrel 7mm velocities.

I will look into the bighorn. We aren't certain how we feel about waiting a year for the defiance.

I am familiar with the ss line, while they are interesting we are gunna stick with cartridges that are proven competition cartridges. I also like the availability of norma brass for the saum even if we have to shop around a bit to find it. We are looking at a 6 month to 1 year wait to get the action in we have some time to dig up brass.
Norma/Raug will no longer be selling reloading components in the states, only loaded ammo. So ADG is pretty much your only source for quality saum brass anymore.

I'm deciding between .284, 7 mag and 7 saum for a shortish lightish build. I just want to ask what kind of real world velocities people are getting out of 22-24 inch barrels and 170ish grain bullets with these cartridges. Yes I have searched on here and googled it, but more data never hurts. At this point I'm not looking for other cartridge options. For those who must know I will almost definitely use the 168 grain berger vld's I already use in my heavier 7 mag but I'm not married to them.
I have 3 - 284 Win and get 3130 FPS with 140's with no pressure signs. The Barnes TSX bullets have punched thru elk and deer easity - you just see a clover leaf exit hole in the far side hide. My barrel length is 23" The 4350 powders in whichever variety seem to work for me. Per my calculations, based on case volume and caliber diameter, 23" is just about optimum. My OAL is limited to 2.8" because of the clip in two of the rifles. They all shoot 1/2 MOA

I have a 24" 7SS, running 184s @ 2861fps. Or 165 TGKs @ 2954fps. About to try some 169 HHs too.

Loading a 22" 7SS as we speak, 184s @ 2797fps.

The new 7 MEGA has only been tested with a 26" barrel so far but it runs 175 at EH's 3180 very accurately at the high node of 3180 with N570.
Even with shorter barrels, 3000' would be not be a problem and ADG brass is available next month.
Fits nicely in a medium action.

The new 7 MEGA has only been tested with a 26" barrel so far but it runs 175 at EH's 3180 very accurately at the high node of 3180 with N570.
Even with shorter barrels, 3000' would be not be a problem and ADG brass is available next month.
Fits nicely in a medium action.
What you think it'll run with H1000/Retumbo?

22" 7 SAUM on Defiance anTi XM action and their alloy BDL. Bartlein #4 CFW barrel threaded 5/8x24. Manners EH-SL stock. 6 lb 5 oz.

I'm getting 2,780 with 175 Berger elite hunter and R23. Barrel had not sped up before I went on my hunt. Once it speeds up I'll be looking for 2,850 or so.

I just received Norma 300 SAUM brass, and it can be necked down to 7SAUM..not to much work.
One the largest norma dealers in the country announced last month they'll no longer be selling norma brass due to the unavailability from Norma. I trust the word from these guys. It's unfortunate for the weatherby guys, as it's all Norma.