7mm rem mag, 24 inch barrel, 1-9.5 twist, What bullet?

savage7mag

What bullet have you guys had good luck with for a 7mm rem mag, 24 inch barrel and 1-9.5 twist, im going to keep trying to get the berger 168s to shoot (first time was unsuccessful) but if you guys have any other ideas let me know. Will be used mostly on deer sized game and smaller but on the occasional elk also.

Thanks

As soon as mine comes back from the smith I'm trying the 150 sciroccos, next the 140 or 160 accubonds then the 154 interbons or sst. I will be starting with H1000 and if that doesn't work so well I will go to either another hodgen extreme powder with a faster burnrate or ramshot

Last edited:
I have the same set up, 180 berger vld, a load igot from Walt,e-mail him,they usally get right back to ya. Be safe....

Sloan, your 1-9.5 twist shoots the 180 bergers good?

Looks like we have 2 votes for 160 grain accubonds so I will probably try those also.

I already know that it shoots the 154 SST's into about 1/2 inch, Id like to shoot something a little heavier - just so I can shoot one load and have enough bullet for any game I hunt. Ill probably try the 162 grain SST's Also.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.