300 WM 24" Barrel Velocities

Sapphire

I am just playing with numbers, B.C.s, drops, velocities, energies and such and am only going by numbers I am getting of Hodgdon's site for velocities....

Do you have any chrono numbers for a 300 with a 24" barrel? If barrel is longer, let me know the numbers too please!

Thanks

If you Google 300win mag loads. There is a thread on snipershide that has some very useful information on this. There is about 8pages of win mag and wsm loads with bullets powders barrel lenghts and velocities.

Very cool, Thanks Cam!

Wow LTLR...that is 210 fps faster than the high end loads on Hodgdons site! Nice!

Does that 150 fly well for Long Range? What prompted you to go with it over the heavier, longer, higher BC bullets?

Thanks Very much

The hodgdon site lists very slow velocities. My 40 years of data is far more extensive than a reloading manual such as hodgdons. My data shows what a cartridge will do without lawyers and liability concerns. They shoot safely in my guns, work up. The 150 ttsx seems to have a bc higher than listed. I use it in this particular rifle because it weighs a little over 6 pounds and recoil is mild with the 150. Also it is a 750 yard rifle and the 150 shoots very flat to that range and will kill anything within that range. This allows me to quickly use mil dots. I have rifles set up for all kinds of applications.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.