.2-.3 100 yard cold bore challenge

Just finished loading 6.5-06 and 6.5x284 today...

Headed for the lake tomorrow now that I have all my plans cancelled and refunds taken care of...supposed to leave on a cruise the the Bahamas tomorrow...

So next week I will give it a go. I don't normally shoot 100 yards but can!

Just finished loading 6.5-06 and 6.5x284 today...

Headed for the lake tomorrow now that I have all my plans cancelled and refunds taken care of...supposed to leave on a cruise the the Bahamas tomorrow...

So next week I will give it a go. I don't normally shoot 100 yards but can!
Shoot at whatever distance you want

Getting closer with the Rl19 6.5 combination. I had a student this morning so not alot of shooting for me but some good progress no doubt.
Speed picked up to 2892 at 40. I did change seating to .010 off the lands. Coal 2.843 from 2.830 before. Wind 14-23with eddies that switched from 9 oclock to 2. First target cold bore was low right the 2 bottom holes are 308 from my student she was shooting the target to the left of this. Second is 5 looks like 4 the flyer high right was me I was holding about 1/4 the way from dot to edge and shooting as the wind went audible.
Here's the skinny on my student. My friend a retired 8541 asked me to teach his wife because he said he was about to write down how to shoot on a brick and hit her with it lol.
The first target is upside down but she only hit it 3 out of 5 times the others are on the diamond target. She complained and said that the rifle must not shoot well. I said let me see and asked her if she parted her hair and shot her target.
The Shoot n c was her final. From the beginning of the day to this was a dramatic improvement. After she held vertical I had her come down 2 clicks. her first shot was out so I told her to hold on the dot and look at the reticle and when the surveyor's tape is running hold that far to the left and the dot was that close. My buddy is bringing her again tomorrow for another lesson to see if she can retain it.

Attachments

• 6.5 cbg.jpg
    6.5 cbg.jpg
    366.9 KB · Views: 123
  • 6.5 Rl19 .010.jpg
    6.5 Rl19 .010.jpg
    261.3 KB · Views: 124
  • 308 head.jpg
    308 head.jpg
    663.6 KB · Views: 112
  • student final.jpg
    student final.jpg
    860.6 KB · Views: 122
Cool front just pushed through the area, so I'm headed to the range tomorrow...will have my new 6.5-06 and my build before it...another Savage Axis build, but with the EA Brown Accuracy barrel in 6.5x284.

Still working on loads for the 06...but it has been shooting decent groups at 200...shall see what the groups look like at 100 yards.

While I'm there I will give the 6.5x284 a go at 100 too before I move out to the longer ranges.

Plan to try my hand at 500 yards again too...been raining all day today, with 40% tomorrow so it should be cloudy enough to not have any mirage.