Shooting Challenge #2 and 3 for January

Trm82

Hey guys , as many of you have seen the other shooting challenge thread which is getting long to keep the interest going and to give people something to do here's two more.

Rules shot challenge #2
-one single 200 yard kneeling shot cold bore
Measure Point of impact to point of aim and submit photo.

Rules shot challenge #3
-within 3 shots at 400 yards put at least 1 shot in a 8" target from any position other than prone with bipod.
-shooting sticks maybe used but no clamping style shooting tripod.
Measure from Point of aim to point of impact and submit photo

Be honest and have some Fun !!!

Last edited:
I'm in and can only do better than before. 😂 😂 Just like last time, no dry firing, practice, warming up, just pull rifle out of truck, load it with one cartridge, and shoot my 9" pie plate kill zone. Might take a couple days until it stops snowing.

I'm in and can only do better than before. 😂 😂 Just like last time, no dry firing, practice, warming up, just pull rifle out of truck, load it with one cartridge, and shoot my 9" pie plate kill zone. Might take a couple days until it stops snowing.
You gonna use that same target?
I may, just to compare with previous ones.

Last edited:
I made it out today. Had to shoot at two different locations about 6hrs apart. Yes I totally missed the kneeling at 200yds. Hit two out of three at 400. I used a 4" corner post with a sweatshirt to keep snow/water off my gun. I could have used a T post or an 8" anchor post so I split the difference. Shooting across orchard to other hill. Some evidence of deer in the area, and population is down big time. I seemed to shoot better at the home ranch....might keep shooting there! 😂 😂 😂 Center of plate was good old eyeball it. Can I change rifles? This one runs out of aiming points, and measurable drops after 425 between distention and drop. If I have to use same rifle can I at least adjust zero so my drops are useable with my 9" target?
Ruger American 223 55gr
Vortex Crosssfire 4-12

Attachments

• IMG_0897.JPG
    IMG_0897.JPG
    342 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_0898.JPG
    IMG_0898.JPG
    272.4 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_0900.JPG
    IMG_0900.JPG
    290.1 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_0904.JPG
    IMG_0904.JPG
    176.5 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_0905.JPG
    IMG_0905.JPG
    193.9 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0911.JPG
    IMG_0911.JPG
    183.2 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_0910.JPG
    IMG_0910.JPG
    186.9 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0902.JPG
    IMG_0902.JPG
    235.8 KB · Views: 39
This is where I start embarrassing myself!

I kneel about as well as Biden walks…..it ain't pretty.
Looking forward to the 400 yrd target using my shooting sticks!

Though, I likely won't be shooting until late February…..headed out of town for a while! memtb

This is where I start embarrassing myself!

I kneel about as well as Biden walks…..it ain't pretty.
Looking forward to the 400 yrd target using my shooting sticks!

Though, I likely won't be shooting until late February…..headed out of town for a while! memtb
Don't worry you won't be alone, I'll be with you in the embarrassing department🤣
Hoping to get out this weekend and have some fun with this.

Hey guys , as many of you have seen the other shooting challenge thread which is getting long to keep the interest going and to give people something to do here's two more.

Rules shot challenge #2
-one single 200 yard kneeling shot cold bore
Measure Point of impact to point of aim and submit photo.

Rules shot challenge #3
-within 3 shots at 400 yards put at least 1 shot in a 8" target from any position other than prone with bipod.
-shooting sticks maybe used but no clamping style shooting tripod.
Measure from Point of aim to point of impact and submit photo

Be honest and have some Fun !!!
I am going to use my same target as challenge #1.

TRM, I am assuming on #3, sitting with a bipod is allowed?

Thanks,
PH

Recent Posts