$2,000 to spend on scope…..

I need a scope for an upcoming 6.5 SAUM build. This gun is built with intentions of being a light, handy packing rifle. Rifle should finish somewhere in the 7#'ish range sans optics.

I have a budget of NO MORE than $2,000 to spend on a scope for this rifle.

Must haves are:
  • FFP
  • 18x or higher magnification
  • MIL/MIL illuminated reticle
  • Solid positive turrets, locking elevation would be a plus.
  • 25oz or less preferred.
What is the best scope I can get for my stated budget with the options above? Again $2000 is my MAX budget.

Go get a Huskemaw, I promise you won't be sorry, follow the directions , it works. I have 6 and they never had an issue. The folks at Huskemaw are very friendly and helpful

Go get a Huskemaw, I promise you won't be sorry, follow the directions , it works. I have 6 and they never had an issue. The folks at Huskemaw are very friendly and helpful
Did you read the OP's specifications? He wants Mils, FFP, and ~25oz. Huskemaw is MOA, SFP, and about half a pound heavier than what he's looking for with the Tactical Hunter model (the blue diamond model is about 27ounces but is still MOA and SFP, and has no illumination). Unless I'm looking at the wrong website/specifications?

I've always been a leupold mark5 or nightforce NX kind of guy. But I did a lightweight build (7 SAUM) and topped it with a FFP Razor LHT 4.5-22. Lighter than VX5/VX6 and any mark 5 or nightforce. And as good of glass for cheaper. Illuminated locking turret. It has been repeatable out to 1300 and back and everywhere in between. It's brother on a 6.5 PRC went ina sheep hunt with me and performed flawlessly in the airplane, in and out of scabbard on horses/mules for 9 days and performed flawlessly. Then came home and was perfect on an elk at 780 yards. Never thought I would be pushing vortex, I tried to avoid them for years. But I'm impressed. The only thing it doesn't have is MIL/MIL. It's MOA. But I personally prefer that.

I need a scope for an upcoming 6.5 SAUM build. This gun is built with intentions of being a light, handy packing rifle. Rifle should finish somewhere in the 7#'ish range sans optics.

Must haves are:
  • FFP
What is the best scope I can get for my stated budget with the options above? Again $2000 is my MAX budget.
I bought a CA Ridgeline a couple of weeks ago in 300 PRC.. I just bought a Leupold VX6-HD 3-18X44 CDS ZL with 30mm tube with fire duplex dot reticle for pretty close $1800. I can let you know more after I get it mounted up and sighted in.

Must haves are:
  • FFP
I have 3 brands; Swarovski, Leupold & Burris. Value for dollar, I must recommend the Burris Veracity above the others. Great optics and choices and less money than top line Swarovski or Leupold.

Must haves are:
  • FFP
Leupold has focused on weight for years....I have never had an issue and have banged them around at times....great people

Must haves are:
  • FFP

Must haves are:
  • FFP

Must haves are:
  • FFP
Look at Burris or Steiner give me a call I am dealer.
Don 708-417-0898 It will be worth your time

Recent Posts