$2,000 to spend on scope…..

All good prices but non-illuminated and MOA.

If illumination is needed to use a reticle at the lowest magnification on a FFP scope, the reticle is a poor design.

If you just want it to want it, ok. But a well designed reticle shouldn't need illumination.

If illumination is needed to use a reticle at the lowest magnification on a FFP scope, the reticle is a poor design.

If you just want it to want it, ok. But a well designed reticle shouldn't need illumination.
So what makes a well designed reticle? And what in your opinion makes the LRSH2 reticle better than the others mentioned?

NO MORE than $2,000 ...

Must haves are:
  • FFP
  • 18x or higher magnification
  • MIL/MIL illuminated reticle
  • Solid positive turrets, locking elevation would be a plus.
  • 25oz or less preferred.

The Athlon Cronus BTR 4.5-29x56mm might work for you. At 36oz, it's a bit heavier than your spec. It's FFP, 29x, 34mm tube, illuminated MIL reticle, 0.1 MIL clicks, zero stop turret, and the optics are pretty sharp. It's $2K MSRP, but it's ~$150-200 less in many shops.

The Athlon Cronus BTR 4.5-29x56mm might work for you. At 36oz, it's a bit heavier than your spec. It's FFP, 29x, 34mm tube, illuminated MIL reticle, 0.1 MIL clicks, zero stop turret, and the optics are pretty sharp. It's $2K MSRP, but it's ~$150-200 less in many shops.
I looked them, they are just too heavy for what I am wanting here. They look very nice from what I've seen.

So what makes a well designed reticle? And what in your opinion makes the LRSH2 reticle better than the others mentioned?
Screenshot_20220314-203253_Samsung Internet.jpg

That's is the reticle from the LRH2 scope on the lowest magnification. As you can see if you need to make a quick off-hand shot on the lowest setting, you can. Put the donut of death on the target and shoot. That is a circle at 2mils. Or you can use the thick posts to bracket the target. No illumination needed to pickup the dot or thick posts.

It's not a perfect reticle, but it's usable. I'd prefer the thlr reticle used in the minox z something

Picked up a Trijicon Tenmile 3-18x44. Pretty impressive at the price point. Glass has some distortion at the edges on 3x but is gone by 5x. Turrets are not as sharp and crisp as I'd like but not terrible.
Other than the distortion at the bottom of the magnification range the glass is very clear. Reticle is just the righ weight without being too heavy at the low and or too thick at the top end.

Still hoping to find a Leupold Mark 5 model 180725.

Picked up a Trijicon Tenmile 3-18x44. Pretty impressive at the price point. Glass has some distortion at the edges on 3x but is gone by 5x. Turrets are not as sharp and crisp as I'd like but not terrible.
Other than the distortion at the bottom of the magnification range the glass is very clear. Reticle is just the righ weight without being too heavy at the low and or too thick at the top end.

Still hoping to find a Leupold Mark 5 model 180725.
Have you checked with Cameraland NY and Scopelist.com?